View Single Post
Old Wednesday, December 14, 2011
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,992 Times in 631 Posts
zuhaib ahmed has much to be proud ofzuhaib ahmed has much to be proud ofzuhaib ahmed has much to be proud ofzuhaib ahmed has much to be proud ofzuhaib ahmed has much to be proud ofzuhaib ahmed has much to be proud ofzuhaib ahmed has much to be proud ofzuhaib ahmed has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahvish Shahid View Post

Good Attempt Masha-Allah !

For your quire

Adverb

An adverb is a part of speech that modifies verbs or any part of speech other than nouns (modifiers of nouns are primarily adjectives and determiners). Adverbs can modify verbs, adjectives (including numbers), clauses, sentences, and other adverbs.

Adverbs typically answer questions such as how?, in what way?, when?, where?, and to what extent?. This function is called the adverbial function, and is realized not just by single words (i.e., adverbs) but by adverbial phrases and adverbial clauses.

She walked slowly. (Here the adverb slowly shows the manner in which she walked.)

Adverbs basically add 'Expressions' to your writing.

For example for have written

Kind-hearted man never leaves pure qualities in any circumstance

I am going to add adverb now so, it would be form like this

A True Kind-hearted man never leaves pure qualities in any circumstance

Here TRUE is an adverb!

I hope you 'll understand

Proverbs are popularly defined as short expressions of popular wisdom.

Examples ;

Haste makes waste
A stitch in time saves nine.
Ignorance is bliss
Mustn't cry over spilt milk.

But I don't think so, that using proverb is necessary. Its up to you.
As far as Adverbs are concern You should adopt them to add a tinge of colours in your writings.

Good Luck!

Thanks SISTER.

Yes, adverbs are pearls of writings' rosary. But, its quite hard to use proverbs in a precise writing. Though, idioms are used.

Can we pen down difficult vocab in precise writing?

Last edited by Shooting Star; Thursday, May 03, 2012 at 01:13 AM.