Thread: Two In One!
View Single Post
Old Wednesday, December 21, 2011

azeegum has a spectacular aura aboutazeegum has a spectacular aura aboutazeegum has a spectacular aura about

@Sadia Shafique and Aphrodite

First of all let me say a bundle of thanks to both of you for contributing to my knowledge.

Well, I don't know what's the recent update on the IPI pipeline project with regard to India, but some two months ago Iran denied any talks being held with India on the project, because the former believed the later would not participate in IPI in view of Iran's controversial nuclear programs and would go for US-backed TAPI instead. Indian sources have denied such impression though and claimed to be keen on joining IPI if some concerns related to gas pricing and security were sorted out.

But let us just try to understand this fact by studying the IPI route.

In Pakistan, IPI has to pass through Balochistan and Sindh. In Khuzdar, a branch would spur-off to Karachi, but the main pipeline will continue towards Multan. From Multan the pipeline may be expanded to New Delhi. The route will be changed if China participates in the project.
As there are concerns over the pipeline being attacked by Balouchi insurgents (which are supported by India itself), then Iran has proposed another off shore route from Iran to the maritime boundary between Pakistan and India of Kutch. According to this proposal, one branch will run to Pakistan while other will run to Kutch. Now if India has to participate in IPI project it has to either stop supporting Balochi insurgents or opt for alternative proposal of Iran. But on being asked which one of both IPI and TAPI was a more viable option for India, the sources said that India had no problem in participating either of both. Besides, India withdrew from the project over pricing and security issues too, and signed a civilian nuclear deal with the United States in 2008. The success of IPI will strengthen Iran. But unfortunately, weakening Iran is the part of the grand international plot. So Iran's concern is infact justified that India will not participate in the project and no talks are being held for the same.

Well Aphrodite, the fruition of trade via extensively constructed Gawadar seaport is concomitant with the stability of Afghanistan and Pakistan, esp Balochistan.
As we know the fact that US signed a nuclear deal with India in 2008; it is determined to make India a superpower of Asia to counterbalance China and weaken Pakistan as well as Iran. Balochistan where China has invested billions of dollars to develop Gawadar seaport has great Geo-strategic location, linking central Asia, is considered a great threat by America and Israel.
So destabilizing Afghanistan and Pakistan esp Balochistan, is the part of international conspiracy against. The success on utilizing the Gawadar seaport, IPI or even TAPI would cause the grand conspiracy to fray around the seams.
Apart from gaining economic dividends why Pakistan would want to see Afghanistan stable, is also worthy of discussion here. The following are the major reasons why Afghanistan should remain stable for Pakistan.
  • To be able to send the Afghans- refugees and insurgents- now in Pakistan, back to their country in order to reassert the state control on the territories that the Afghan and Pakistani Taliban have occupied
  • To be able to check the rampant smuggling and misuse of the Afghan transit trade facility.
  • Stability will also enable us to discuss with the Afghans, the folly trying to maintain the monster-size security force and help Afghanistan to cut down to a number that Afghan economy will need and support.

In view of my second question, I would say that I don't know if the majority in Pakistan wants the implementation of Islamic system and whether the statistics provided by the guy is untrue, but I personally believe we desperately need Islam in our life. Pakistan is on the verge of a great mess. We need to take recourse to Islam to preserve, protect and promote of our identity.
To form a final perception in view of Hameed Gul's statistics, the following link of the same talk show would be helpful.

War on terror - YouTube

Regards
aphrodite (Thursday, December 22, 2011), Farah Rasheed (Sunday, January 08, 2012), SADIA SHAFIQ (Thursday, December 22, 2011)