View Single Post
Old Friday, January 12, 2007
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Medal of Appreciation

Khuram is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazher
Do you think that only insulting behaviour of others or expectation of such behaviour are the only reasons which lead a person to such an extreme action i.e Suicide...

There may b so many resons except insulting behaviours like

(1) Frustration
(2) No guide-line (nothing new)
(3) Fear (any weakness 2 face facts)
(4) social in-security

I mean to say that this is like 2-way reaction .......

kiun k

"Khawahishaat ka poora na hona b khudkushi ki taraf lay jata hay aur khawahishaat ka poora ho jana b"

it is necessary 4 life 2 continue thinking.
Yes insulting behavior of others is not the only reason of sucidal activities and these enlisted factors are also valid. But at the same time, all these factors are not independent of human relations. For example, many people can live happily even in "socially (i.e. economically) insecure" situations. Stage of suicide comes when person loses all type of hopes for help/ assistance of other fellow beings. And to face facts etc. is also not completely independent of human behavioral situations. Actually issue under discussion was that why well off people do suicide? because only well off people can build high rise buildings. Given that a person possesses all the material things, then main factor behind suicide would be behavioral in nature.

And yes. jab khawahishat tumam poori ho jayein, tab bhi log suicide ker sakte hain. This case seems to be independent of behavioral factor which is relevant to main discussion i.e. why financially well off ppl do suicide. "Desires" are however not independent of human situations. Desires originate in human situations. "Have-not" people often become desirious of getting those things which "haves" ppl already possess. In this way, "have-nots" possess some "objective" i.e. of acquiring those things which "haves" already possess. On the other hand, "haves" possess all the "things" but in an extreme situation, can lose all their "objectives". Such loss of all the objectives can generate intense form of boredom that at last can result in suicidal action. I have discussed issue of "desires" in detail on this link.

Thanks!

Last edited by marwatone; Friday, July 09, 2010 at 07:39 AM.