Sunday, April 28, 2024
12:02 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Thursday, January 11, 2007
Banned

Mazher is on a distinguished road
Exclamation New thoughts can create new world not materialistic goods

salamz 2 all,

Iqbal has said:

Jahan-e-taza ki afkar-e-taza say hay namood
k sang-o-khisht say hotay nahin jahan peda

waiting 4 ur replies....
Best Regards,
mazhar
Old Friday, January 12, 2007
Banned

Man has conquered almost the whole world
He built huge nalls, centres n buildings
But people use this height for suicide.
why???????
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Medal of Appreciation

Khuram is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazher
Man has conquered almost the whole world
He built huge nalls, centres n buildings
But people use this height for suicide.
why???????
Interesting...

Human behavior is really very complex. Humans live two types of life which are (i) their physical life and; (ii) their mental and psychological life. Humans tend to find happiness in material goods but fact is that happiness comes mainly from cordial and trustworthy relationships with other fellow beings. Negative or insulting behavior or even expectation of such behavior of others can lead a person to such extreme things as suicide. Then people use their own material goods for the purpose of suicide.

And for the original issue of this thread. Yes Iqbal is right. Naye jahan naye afkar se bante hain, nayi material goods se nahi.

Here Iqbal is rejecting the point of view of Karl Marx and is affirming the view of Hegel on this issue.

Thanks!
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Medal of AppreciationQualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason:

Muskan Ghuman has a spectacular aura aboutMuskan Ghuman has a spectacular aura aboutMuskan Ghuman has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khuram
Human behavior is really very complex. Humans live two types of life which are (i) their physical life and; (ii) their mental and psychological life. Humans tend to find happiness in material goods but fact is that happiness comes mainly from cordial and trustworthy relationships with other fellow beings.
Agreed.

Quote:
Negative or insulting behavior or even expectation of such behavior of others can lead a person to such extreme things as suicide. Then people use their own material goods for the purpose of suicide.
Do you think that only insulting behaviour of others or expectation of such behaviour are the only reasons which lead a person to such an extreme action i.e Suicide...

Regards,
Banned

Do you think that only insulting behaviour of others or expectation of such behaviour are the only reasons which lead a person to such an extreme action i.e Suicide...

There may b so many resons except insulting behaviours like

(1) Frustration
(2) No guide-line (nothing new)
(3) Fear (any weakness 2 face facts)
(4) social in-security

I mean to say that this is like 2-way reaction .......

kiun k

"Khawahishaat ka poora na hona b khudkushi ki taraf lay jata hay aur khawahishaat ka poora ho jana b"

it is necessary 4 life 2 continue thinking.

zindagi soch say hay.... creation of new worlds n horizons...

Research, sciences n technology along with social building measures are necessary 4 self-contentment in this speedy time

Last edited by marwatone; Friday, July 09, 2010 at 07:39 AM.

whiterose is on a distinguished road

hi i agree tht disapointment,failure brings deprssion in one's life. yet i have observed in life tht one instinct become vanish in our behaviors which is patience we don't want to wait and struggle again. the main reason is we compare our self with others we want to prove others that we are perfect and intelligent.capable of doing multitask at a time but in the end we can't do that it brings us furstration and shame which leads to distructive behaviors. my life teach me one lesson which i want to share with u people and it is never do any thing for proving ur self to other one has compettion to himself if he struggle with wholeheartdly for better tomorrow then today its a compettion one is only answerable to himself and to allah rest is just illusion.
Banned

@ whiterose

welcome 2 this forum

Quote:

wat do u say bout it?
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Medal of Appreciation

Khuram is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazher

There may b so many resons except insulting behaviours like

(1) Frustration
(2) No guide-line (nothing new)
(3) Fear (any weakness 2 face facts)
(4) social in-security

I mean to say that this is like 2-way reaction .......

kiun k

"Khawahishaat ka poora na hona b khudkushi ki taraf lay jata hay aur khawahishaat ka poora ho jana b"

it is necessary 4 life 2 continue thinking.
Yes insulting behavior of others is not the only reason of sucidal activities and these enlisted factors are also valid. But at the same time, all these factors are not independent of human relations. For example, many people can live happily even in "socially (i.e. economically) insecure" situations. Stage of suicide comes when person loses all type of hopes for help/ assistance of other fellow beings. And to face facts etc. is also not completely independent of human behavioral situations. Actually issue under discussion was that why well off people do suicide? because only well off people can build high rise buildings. Given that a person possesses all the material things, then main factor behind suicide would be behavioral in nature.

And yes. jab khawahishat tumam poori ho jayein, tab bhi log suicide ker sakte hain. This case seems to be independent of behavioral factor which is relevant to main discussion i.e. why financially well off ppl do suicide. "Desires" are however not independent of human situations. Desires originate in human situations. "Have-not" people often become desirious of getting those things which "haves" ppl already possess. In this way, "have-nots" possess some "objective" i.e. of acquiring those things which "haves" already possess. On the other hand, "haves" possess all the "things" but in an extreme situation, can lose all their "objectives". Such loss of all the objectives can generate intense form of boredom that at last can result in suicidal action. I have discussed issue of "desires" in detail on this link.

Thanks!

Last edited by marwatone; Friday, July 09, 2010 at 07:39 AM.
Old Saturday, January 13, 2007
Banned

can u plz explain ur views in light of iqbal's verse????

Quote:

Old Saturday, January 13, 2007

whiterose is on a distinguished road

Well honestly im not so gud in poetry I have no idea watever I percieve from these lines is right or wrong .yet wat I have perceived I think its 100% true. I do believe in that changing in one’s perception could change one’s life. New thoughts bring new color and shades to life. Research and ability to accept the facts whether these against ur own rules is not easy but adjusting ur rules according to it quite courageous.
Now in more straightforward analysis, new research and theories in nature, literature, politics in each and every aspect brings always some change whether its god or not. Innovative ideas mostly brings colors, light and new ways to life, new directions, new horizons to determine; lots to learn and many to explore.
And as well materialistic goods consider its part of life but not life. These kinds of stuff also result of innovative thoughts. One can’t live with only lavish luxurious stuff. But most important thing is better society which raises the status of life to the common man in totality. And we have been seeing these kinds of changes around us along with materialistic goods. Yet I do believe at present materialistic stuff get more importance then ethics. This brings wrong perception of new research. But at same time I do believe that in some time we will realize that these money-oriented objects are just part of life not life.
I hope it’s the reply.