View Single Post
Old Sunday, January 14, 2007
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Miss_Naqvi has a spectacular aura aboutMiss_Naqvi has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by amjad777
Dear I AM Possible and Mis Naqvi,

Please advise me. I was unable to find your email for asking this question.

MS Naqvi (Optional)

Sociology

Now please suggest me the most relevant books not more than two (if possible one)
Well my e-mail address is written in my profile. Even its Okey to ask it here. So here goes my suggestions.
  • Sociology

Sociology by Horton & Hunt
Principles of Sociology by Zahid Saeed and Ahmed Farooq

and if you can take it as reference book for reading, just consult the following book and write some main points out of it. I mean read it in library for a day or two. It will help you alot.

Sociology of CW Mills
  • International Relations

International Relations by V.D Mahajan is really a good book and will help you alot in current affairs as well.

Do read the following journals;

The Economist
Dawn monthly Review
The Muslim World

The book of Prakash Chandra is really tough to understand so you can take any guide book that is easy as compared to Prakash Chandra. From last few years IR is CA oriented so have basics about roots of subject and make theories clear caz it will help you in proper referencing and rest is all about CA.
  • Essay

EWE
Unpopular Essays by Burtrend Russell
Go through the Book of BA "Modern Essays"
Dawn Reading

It take time to read dawn completely... but make it habit to read following pages and make a register in which you will write best and comprehensive sentences for all the current affairs and if your english is best then very good if not then memorize them for referencing. It will help you to score very good marks.
Opinion,
Editorial,
International page,
World in Focus,
Encounter,
&
Economic Review.

Will provide you information of other books too, but next time Inshahallah.

Last edited by marwatone; Friday, July 09, 2010 at 07:37 AM.