View Single Post
Old Thursday, January 05, 2012
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,992 Times in 631 Posts
zuhaib ahmed has much to be proud ofzuhaib ahmed has much to be proud ofzuhaib ahmed has much to be proud ofzuhaib ahmed has much to be proud ofzuhaib ahmed has much to be proud ofzuhaib ahmed has much to be proud ofzuhaib ahmed has much to be proud ofzuhaib ahmed has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by doli View Post
Zuhaib i have read almost all your written essays,your style is very impressive,how did you come up to this level?..i mean any specific reading or any other source that you think most influence your writing.
Hmm! Thanks!
Dear Sis! As with passage of time child gets maturity so does writings. The more one writes the better it becomes. I should say one should be scholar and he should write for common people.
I am poet. =) So my expressions becomes poetic, scholastic and metaphoric. I have written two novels, almost 100 poems and read hundreds of literary books specially of philosophy and Sufism.
So, my writing style is poetic and literary which leaves its color in others mind.
I try to play with words. Like;

Woman has been being deprived for centuries; their tortures, tensions, torments and tragedies are too terrifying.

You can see a letter 'T' is common in above sentence and it creates rhythm and music. Doesn't it?

Essay has its own rules and regulations which are much necessary one should not neglect them.

It is introduction of Essay;

The woman is practised sole of shoe since the time, she is ever limited till ceilings, caged in four walls, murdered for sake of honor, deprived of education, bereaved of due rights, victim of acid spree, brides are burnt, enslaved, engraved, chocked, banned, chained, sold in dark of nights, for rapist and lusty men she is like an innocent sheep among dogs, foxes and wolves and she has ever bore and tolerated torments, tensions, tragedies and tortures. Is the woman born for miseries?

In it their is little touch of music in words and when one reads he feels rhythm and completes without any pause.
It is specialty of my style that i keep music in words.

See words of mine in a poem.

Shadowy clouds showering over,
The starless sky stares downer.
So soulful sighs, oh! Scary sight!
Shrouded night and seized light.
Silent all songs, shivery season,
Shackled souls and strange station!

Here letter S is common.

Writing is an Art and art is not learned in one day as Rome was not build in one day.

I hope you have understood. Simply, expressions should be impressive and words should be worthy of music.
You have quite good curiosity and passion, and indeed, it shall secure success.
May Allah Bless you.