Thread: utter confusion
View Single Post
Old Monday, January 15, 2007

writkif is on a distinguished road
Default May be u r right but it is not compulsory that I am wrong

I do agree with you guys but we should keep in our minds that development always comes in long run. It is not possible to have overnight changes. In development economics it is a fact that growth in long run turns into development because development refers to is structural changes. Your agreement to the fact that we are having growth is a prove that we are on right track. Consistent growth leads to institutional changes which inturn brings prosperity, change in standard of living and reduced poverty. If you study the development model of recently grown economies like Asian Tigers and China you will get to know that the economic model adopted by them were different but one thing was similar among them and that was they all take a sufficient amount of time to grow. The reason behind given example of mobile was highlighting the fact that communication is growing and we all know that ICT inductry generally and communication sector specifically among the top growing industries in the world and government is giving importance to that sector therefore mobiles and other accessporoies are becoming common. secondly industry itself is growing which create jobs, simultaneously opportunities. So we should be realistic about our views. Definitely we are not having development right now as no country should have it in such a short time (I am considering current regimes tenure) study development of any nation, you will agree with me.