Thread: My utter awe!
View Single Post
Old Friday, October 21, 2005
Best Moderator Award: Awarded for censoring all swearing and keeping posts in order. - Issue reason: Best ModMedal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Babban Miyan Ding Dong is on a distinguished road
Default My utter awe!

Assalam Alaikum,

I just stumbled upon this artics in Dawn Online, and I was utterly shocked:

Ambassadors to Denmark protest Mohammed (PBUH) caricatures COPENHAGEN, Oct 20 (AFP) The ambassadors of Islamic countries to Denmark have protested against 12 newspaper caricatures of the Prophet of Islam, Mohammed (P.B.U.H.), in a letter to Denmark's prime minister, his office said on Thursday. A militant group also threatened to carry out attacks in the Scandinavian country over the affair, the media there reported. The 12 drawings by two cartoonists, which appeared in Denmark's largest circulation daily Jyllands-Posten on September 30, have drawn criticism from across the Muslim community in Denmark. In a letter to Prime Minister Anders Fogh Rasmussen, diplomats from Arab countries and Pakistan, Iran, Bosnia-Hercegovina and Indonesia said they were offended by the caricatures and demanded an official apology from the newspaper, the office said. Last week, as many as 5,000 Muslims demonstrated in Copenhagen against the paper and the drawings, which depicted Mohammed in different settings. In one of the drawings, he appeared with a turban shaped like a bomb strapped to his head. The editors of Jyllands-Posten meanwhile stood by their cartoons and rejected the diplomats' demand for an apology in the name of freedom of expression.(Posted @ 21:24 PST)