Thread: My utter awe!
View Single Post
Old Friday, October 21, 2005
Best Moderator Award: Awarded for censoring all swearing and keeping posts in order. - Issue reason: Best ModMedal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Babban Miyan Ding Dong is on a distinguished road

Assalam Alaikum,

Here is some other points regarding the role of women in Islam, that should argue the case against west demonizing Islam in its treatment to women.

According to the Qur'an, men and women are equal before God; women are not blamed for violating the "forbidden tree," nor is their
suffering in pregnancy and childbirth a punishment for that act.

Islam sees a woman, whether single or married, as an individual in her own right, with the right to own and dispose of her property and
earnings. A marital gift is given by the groom to the bride for her own personal use, and she may keep her own family name rather than
adopting her husband's. Roles of men and women are complementary and collaborative. Rights and responsibilities of both sexes are
equitable and balanced in their totality.

Both men and women are expected to dress in a way that is simple, modest and dignified; specific traditions of female dress found in some
Muslim countries are often the expression of local customs rather than religious principle. Likewise, treatment of women in some areas of
the Muslim world sometimes reflects cultural practices which may be inconsistent, if not contrary, to authentic Islamic teachings.

The messenger of God said:

"The most perfect in faith amongst believers is he who is best in manner and kindest to his wife."

I am actually working on a paper relating to this topic for one my courses in school, and will share it with you guys once it is completed.

Thanks.