View Single Post
Old Thursday, January 18, 2007

Enlightened is on a distinguished road

Dear friends,

I think, Durrand line should not be fenced. It will lead to polarization of pukhtoons as they have strong ties across the boarder. Pakistan can't afford to have both Baluch's and Pukhtoons polarized. Our problem is terrorism and it will not end with fencing. As a matter of fact, it will inflame them to recruit more and give many reason to join. Only constructive mind diversion can end problem of terrorism. Division propagate terrorism and unity ends it. Lets not fall into this trap and get divided into shia, sunni, pukhtoon, punjabi, sindhi, balochi and so on. We should hold on to that rope which islam considers to unite us to be one body. It's our leaders responsibility to adopt policies to end such tensions or at least not to create them.

As far as culture invasion is considered, I think, cable tv in our houses is much of a danger to our culture and way of life than those poor afghans trying to make a living. As far as groups of them living in the same house, it's story of immigrants all over the globe. No one leaves their homeland because they want to.

There are too many things about contemporary world that comes to mind, but I hope my above mentioned points helps.

I would appreciate if someone could post Durrand line agreement. Thanks,