Sunday, April 28, 2024
04:30 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Tuesday, January 16, 2007

thinking is on a distinguished road
Default Fencing of Durand Line

Dear group member,

I wanted to start a discussion about the fencing of Pak-Afghan border. Please send your views.

take care
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason:

prieti has a spectacular aura aboutprieti has a spectacular aura aboutprieti has a spectacular aura about
Smile yes it should be fenced

i think the border should be fenced. firstly, bcoz in my opinion pakistan already is suffering from economic crisis, and cannot afford to have more immigerants from other countries. as u can see that some of the sectors in islamabad have purely become afghan sectors,like peshawar more i-e g-9/4 ,3 and karachi company. first these people take houses on rent in which more than 20 -35 people live collectively. than gradually the start spreading and are successful in occupying more and more houses, like they have done in g-9/4.and other areas as well.
secondly they are also promoting their afghan culture in our society, which may become alarming in a couple of years. their large size Afgahni nan is popular in pakistan. similarly their women are promoting their own dress styles including long skirks, especially their wedding dress is gaining popularity. then their way of decorating the grooms car. then we can see stalls of afghani jwellery in different areas of our country.
so i think and in my opinion the border should be fenced and coming and going of the people should be monitored.

A Man Would Do Nothing,
If He Waited Until He
Could Do It So Well
That No One Would Find Fault
With What He Has Done.
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

I M Possible will become famous soon enough

@prieti

I accede to ur justifications. It need to be fenced for the sake of Pakistan's security.
Old Wednesday, January 17, 2007
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: AppreciationDiligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 2,264 Times in 1,100 Posts
Muhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant future

Agreed,

Pak -Afghan border should be fenced.

Afghan Government is trying to disagree/delay the option of fencing the durand line becuase they are getting inummerable benefits from this porous border.

newbie is on a distinguished road

Securing the borders of the nation …

It is a well observed fact that followers of certain belief always polarize after their generator of the belief / idea has passed away. Empires divided into continents, continents divided into countries, countries divided into states and now states are dividing into smaller states.

Germany, Korea, USSR and many more are all examples of this fact. It did not take long for Pakistan to divide into two merely within 25 years of its inception. Time is now come that certain parts of Pakistan are demanding sovereignty. This is a big sham for the rulers of the country.

The problem not only exists internally in the country, it is also feared that the bordering countries are nudging the borders wide to occupy more space for themselves.

It must be realized that the people of Afghanistan and the north-western parts of Pakistan have a strong ethical, cultural and social bonds historically. And the border between Pakistan and Afghanistan does not exist on the ground but pencil line has been drawn to identify the territories of the two states on the map of the world, which can never break those attachment which the people of the two states have long before the existence of Pakistan and even Afghanistan.

Fencing the border with barbwire for the sake of stopping the human traffic could be appreciated by the West, but it will certainly not contribute to the stopping of terrorism or any other objective.

Regards,

aftableo is on a distinguished road

Yes,

I think that the durand line must be fenced,as this is very crucial for pakistan,if we are really interested to stop cross border movement.
The resident of areas attached to durand line are providing asylum to people who come from across the border.
Afghan leadership has never been interested to stop the cross border movement,but our leadership is.If we want to be on the path to long term prosperity,we must take solid measures.

Aftab Hussain
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

I M Possible will become famous soon enough

It is not a new issue. Durand line's fencing is the left task since 1893. It need to be done ASAP because now it has became a thorn in flesh.
Old Thursday, January 18, 2007

Enlightened is on a distinguished road

Dear friends,

I think, Durrand line should not be fenced. It will lead to polarization of pukhtoons as they have strong ties across the boarder. Pakistan can't afford to have both Baluch's and Pukhtoons polarized. Our problem is terrorism and it will not end with fencing. As a matter of fact, it will inflame them to recruit more and give many reason to join. Only constructive mind diversion can end problem of terrorism. Division propagate terrorism and unity ends it. Lets not fall into this trap and get divided into shia, sunni, pukhtoon, punjabi, sindhi, balochi and so on. We should hold on to that rope which islam considers to unite us to be one body. It's our leaders responsibility to adopt policies to end such tensions or at least not to create them.

As far as culture invasion is considered, I think, cable tv in our houses is much of a danger to our culture and way of life than those poor afghans trying to make a living. As far as groups of them living in the same house, it's story of immigrants all over the globe. No one leaves their homeland because they want to.

There are too many things about contemporary world that comes to mind, but I hope my above mentioned points helps.

I would appreciate if someone could post Durrand line agreement. Thanks,