View Single Post
Old Thursday, February 23, 2012
40th CTP (PG)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Merit 664

striver will become famous soon enoughstriver will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by nice051 View Post
it is a reality. recent floods in pakistan, china , bangladesh and maldives, blizzer in Europe , fire incidents in west Germany are a few glaring examples in this connection
First get this straight: There is no denying that the temperature of the globe is on the rise. But the question is; what portion of the rising temperature can be attributed to the green house gases (GHG).

There is little doubt that the frequency and ferocity of these recurring natural disasters has notched up lately. Scientists have also concluded that the temperatures and the GHG (green house gases) level in our atmosphere are on the rise.
But with what certainty can these two phenomena of rise in GHG level and rise in the temperature be interlinked? No one can establish the link with absolute certainty and there are no scientific evidence to corroborate this. Even if we could somehow prove that the rising temperatures are linked with the GHG levels, how could then one establish as to what percentage of global warming is associated with the rise in GHG levels? Also baffling is the fact that Earth has experienced periods of relative warmness in the past when the level of GHG had remained untempered.

Proponents claim that the very fact that GHG result in increase of temperature, no matter by what percentage, is enough to elicit a coordinated effort from people around the globe. Opponents claim that the world is currently facing graver threats needing more attention than to pursue a solution for partly hypothetical situation.
xaara~hussain (Thursday, February 23, 2012)