View Single Post
Old Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Nedian is on a distinguished road
@ Amjad

No one from us can analyze the situation correctly, thz y, what ever we are discussing that could be or could not be the true dimension of the problem. But, discussion makes things clear and thz y we are here on this forum.

In my opinion any reluctance from Pakistan’s side, to support Iran, can be detrimental. As I have already discussed in my previous post and I will again emphasize the same that it will be a total mess for Pakistan if we are not going to have tough stance against pre-emptive strikes against Iran. And the reasons behind that are.

1. Iran-Pak-India Gas pipe line:- Pakistan is facing dire energy consequences at home. And Iran is one of the biggest oil & gas producing country. Pakistan has no option, but to acquire cheaper gas from friendly country as compare to importing it from Qatar or other central Asian country. IPI is more feasible to Pakistan than others pipe lines from central Asian countries, it will not only reduce the energy needs but also provide the economic benefits in shape of Transit duties from India.

2. Large Population of Shias in Pakistan:- As I already discussed that Pakistan has a large population of Shia at home. Any adventure of USA in Iran will create the serious troubles for Pakistan. We have already learnt lesson from 1979 Afghanistan war when millions of refuges came to Pakistan, but never returned home. Which has created serious troubles for Pakistan now.

3. Internal problems: - On one border it is fighting Taliban menace, on the other Indian. Its internal problems, like Balochistan and NWFP, have totally saturated its Army in those regions. Therefore Pakistan can’t afford any other turmoil on its 3rd border. On the other hand recent blasts on shia population in the sacred month of Muharam can further fan the fire if Iran is attacked. Therefore Pakistan has to think consciously about the Iran-USA war.

4. Pakistan could be Next:- It is need of the hour for Pakistan to think impartially and don’t follow west, because west in general and USA in particular can’t be trusted. They have their own interests and we should not fall prey to their lust for oil and power. If today they are with us tomorrow they will scratch our back. Therefore Pakistan must take strict steps, not to let their foreign policy mold, under pressure from USA and others.

I think there could be various other reasons too, which forbid Pakistan not to follow west.

Regards

Nedian