View Single Post
Old Thursday, April 19, 2012

Da Skeptic will become famous soon enoughDa Skeptic will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waseem Riaz Khan View Post
Hello
I will discuss the title only. Rest will be discussed later.
Firstly, title should not be that long. As the length of title increases, its marks decrease.
Secondly, it should not be too generalized as few friends did here. The issue discussed in paragraph is not the problem of education system. Its about teaching.
Thirdly,don't try to pick the words from paragraph and put them as your title. This shows lack of ideas
Finally, does the paragraph discuss the problems in teaching only? If you are keen observer, you will find that at the end the examiner has also given the results/effects of these problems. Last 3, 4 lines explicitly explain it. It is an important idea and must be incorporated in title.

So here is the title
Issues in Teaching and their effects.
My Dear, firstly you said that the title should not be that long.. But see, your title is much more lengthy than any of our members that attempted this precis.. Secondly, Education system is a very broad term.. Don't confuse schooling and education.. Thirdly, Education system involves not only teaching, but also its effects.. Thus your title "Issues in Teaching", narrowed down the scope of the paragraph and you had to add "their effects" in the title.. Fourthly, in your second point, you have said that it should not be made too general, its only about teaching.. Then in your last point, you are denying yourself asking "does the paragraph discuss the problems in teaching only?"..