View Single Post
Old Monday, April 23, 2012

talalz3 will become famous soon enough
Default EVOLUTION or REVOLUTION? My opinion on the way out for the poor masses

Pakistan is on the brink of destruction these days. The only threat of its existence is not any foreign influence, but the country's own political elite who have looted and plundered the wealth of the people to fill their own pockets. The other day I was hearing my mom talking about how people were escaping the country when given a chance. "There is nothing left in Pakistan", people say. I have always defended my country and still do but I realize that these people are not to be blamed. They are powerless to defend themselves. This situation often puts me in wonder. How can this country escape the present crisis?
I sit for long hours wondering about it. I came to the conclusion that Pakistan needs better leaders. But the democratic setup of Pakistan has rendered this option uneffective. Would the masses succeed in bringing change through the power of the ballot? In other words Evolution. Kind of like what happened in Turkey. A single political party slowly established itself and finally after many years won a majority. Now Turkey is a model for the Islamic world. This is a fine example of Evolution. Can this model be followed by Pakistan? Maybe it can. But chances are, it can't. This is because in Pakistan, feudalism still exists. The feudal lords are still in power and would destroy anything that they see as a threat to their power. The poor peasants have little freedom in choosing their leaders. They are victims of oppression. This problem is so deep rooted that to accept change within 2 decades would be pushing one's luck too far.
Does this mean we have no option but to sit and die one day just to hope that our next generations will be free? Cannot we see Pakistan standing high among other countries in our lifetime? Maybe we can. But there is only one way out of it. Revolution. Which Pakistan is not completely prepared for. Lets take a look at France, about two centuries ago before the great French Revolution. France was also the victim of Aristocracy and Feudalism. The ruling elite did not bother about the lives of the common masses. The middle class was too busy to bother. But then, a spark changed the country as we know it. The poor peasants united and stood up against the ruling elite. There was a nation wide protest. The Elites were beheaded. The Rebels were determined to change the country. This was the French Revolution, a landmark in the country's history that changed the world as we know it. France is now a major power in the world. A country where people are aware of their rights and are ready to stand up to defend these rights.

Now the question is, what is the way out. Evolution or Revolution? Certainly our people are prepared for neither. But change is slowly coming. I can feel it. But what is the way out for the people? Please share your views. I hope you guys like my little piece of writing.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to talalz3 For This Useful Post:
ali emraan (Monday, May 14, 2012), Hannibal (Monday, April 23, 2012), muhammad_essa (Tuesday, April 24, 2012), nadiamughal (Monday, May 14, 2012), sabahatbhutta (Tuesday, April 24, 2012), Sarah Yasir (Wednesday, January 22, 2014), shahzad but (Wednesday, May 16, 2012), Taimoor Gondal (Monday, April 23, 2012)