Sunday, April 28, 2024
03:04 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Monday, April 23, 2012

talalz3 will become famous soon enough
Default EVOLUTION or REVOLUTION? My opinion on the way out for the poor masses

Pakistan is on the brink of destruction these days. The only threat of its existence is not any foreign influence, but the country's own political elite who have looted and plundered the wealth of the people to fill their own pockets. The other day I was hearing my mom talking about how people were escaping the country when given a chance. "There is nothing left in Pakistan", people say. I have always defended my country and still do but I realize that these people are not to be blamed. They are powerless to defend themselves. This situation often puts me in wonder. How can this country escape the present crisis?
I sit for long hours wondering about it. I came to the conclusion that Pakistan needs better leaders. But the democratic setup of Pakistan has rendered this option uneffective. Would the masses succeed in bringing change through the power of the ballot? In other words Evolution. Kind of like what happened in Turkey. A single political party slowly established itself and finally after many years won a majority. Now Turkey is a model for the Islamic world. This is a fine example of Evolution. Can this model be followed by Pakistan? Maybe it can. But chances are, it can't. This is because in Pakistan, feudalism still exists. The feudal lords are still in power and would destroy anything that they see as a threat to their power. The poor peasants have little freedom in choosing their leaders. They are victims of oppression. This problem is so deep rooted that to accept change within 2 decades would be pushing one's luck too far.
Does this mean we have no option but to sit and die one day just to hope that our next generations will be free? Cannot we see Pakistan standing high among other countries in our lifetime? Maybe we can. But there is only one way out of it. Revolution. Which Pakistan is not completely prepared for. Lets take a look at France, about two centuries ago before the great French Revolution. France was also the victim of Aristocracy and Feudalism. The ruling elite did not bother about the lives of the common masses. The middle class was too busy to bother. But then, a spark changed the country as we know it. The poor peasants united and stood up against the ruling elite. There was a nation wide protest. The Elites were beheaded. The Rebels were determined to change the country. This was the French Revolution, a landmark in the country's history that changed the world as we know it. France is now a major power in the world. A country where people are aware of their rights and are ready to stand up to defend these rights.

Now the question is, what is the way out. Evolution or Revolution? Certainly our people are prepared for neither. But change is slowly coming. I can feel it. But what is the way out for the people? Please share your views. I hope you guys like my little piece of writing.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to talalz3 For This Useful Post:
ali emraan (Monday, May 14, 2012), Hannibal (Monday, April 23, 2012), muhammad_essa (Tuesday, April 24, 2012), nadiamughal (Monday, May 14, 2012), sabahatbhutta (Tuesday, April 24, 2012), Sarah Yasir (Wednesday, January 22, 2014), shahzad but (Wednesday, May 16, 2012), Taimoor Gondal (Monday, April 23, 2012)

zaman is on a distinguished road
Default Mix of evolution and revolution

First of all, I appreciate your efforts for this nice thinking and pain for the country
Basically Turkey type evolution is only possible when people are literate; they know what is good or bad for their future, in the world like America people don’t discuss politics but they go for voting, they matter everything and put their votes with clarity of mind
But here in Pakistan, our media starts discussing politics since 60 pm and ends it on 120 in the night, Same is the case with people that they discuss politics on railway stations, Chowks, roads, hotels, homes but when they cast vote, they bother nothing, they forget everything and vote the Same people on different basis (some on the basis of cast, some by taking their street road project, some by personal relation and least bother about Nation interest)
So evolution is slow process, it needs our right direction even slow,
Now about revolution,
Our society is also not ready for revolution as from rickshaw driver to President; all are corrupt in one sense or other
Have you seen shameless people who stolen the mobile, money and other things when Plane crashed recently in Islamabad
Our majority people who cast vote lives in villages, they don’t have capability to think after one month, they are oppressed, they demands start from Thana kachehry to Patwari, they even not heard the name of Imran Khan, NRO Scandal, Hajj Scam, drug scandal
That’s is why these politicians represent people wishes, and only focus on Thana, Patwari politics, they are broker not leaders
These are so shameless people that will change party on weekly basis and defend every new party on TV but still we vote for them
Solution
A military backed civil government with full authority to crush different corrupt segments and deliver and teach the people not follow the people
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to zaman For This Useful Post:
ali emraan (Monday, May 14, 2012), IrfanShahid (Wednesday, May 16, 2012), muhammad_essa (Tuesday, April 24, 2012), nadiamughal (Monday, May 14, 2012), sabahatbhutta (Tuesday, April 24, 2012), Sarah Yasir (Wednesday, January 22, 2014), talalz3 (Monday, April 23, 2012)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 2,188 Times in 1,060 Posts
Taimoor Gondal has a brilliant futureTaimoor Gondal has a brilliant futureTaimoor Gondal has a brilliant futureTaimoor Gondal has a brilliant futureTaimoor Gondal has a brilliant futureTaimoor Gondal has a brilliant futureTaimoor Gondal has a brilliant futureTaimoor Gondal has a brilliant futureTaimoor Gondal has a brilliant futureTaimoor Gondal has a brilliant futureTaimoor Gondal has a brilliant future

Evolution is better option. the ballot will bring a best change and hopefully country will run on the track toward prosperity. INSHALLAH.
leave this democratic process running and hopefully after a few time there will be a change in the country.
Offcourse feudalism is a biggest problem of the country, but once the country run on the track of education, there would be a positive change in electoral process.
our main problem is illiteracy and it is root cause of all problems. once the nation is on the positive way in the field of education then there will be a positive change while selecting their rulers.

still remembering a dialogue from the movie "Rang de Basanti"
"Koi bhi mulk perfect nahi hoti, ussay perfect banana perta hay, army join kro, politics join kro, police join kro aur system k andar ja ker change lao. this is the best way to bring a change.
when we will enter the system in any field, we have to be honest and serve the country well. in this way the door of change in the system will be open. INSHA ALLAH
ali emraan (Monday, May 14, 2012), muhammad_essa (Tuesday, April 24, 2012), sabahatbhutta (Tuesday, April 24, 2012), Sarah Yasir (Wednesday, January 22, 2014), shahzad but (Wednesday, May 16, 2012)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaman View Post
First of all, I appreciate your efforts for this nice thinking and pain for the country
Basically Turkey type evolution is only possible when people are literate; they know what is good or bad for their future, in the world like America people don’t discuss politics but they go for voting, they matter everything and put their votes with clarity of mind
But here in Pakistan, our media starts discussing politics since 60 pm and ends it on 120 in the night, Same is the case with people that they discuss politics on railway stations, Chowks, roads, hotels, homes but when they cast vote, they bother nothing, they forget everything and vote the Same people on different basis (some on the basis of cast, some by taking their street road project, some by personal relation and least bother about Nation interest)
So evolution is slow process, it needs our right direction even slow,
Now about revolution,
Our society is also not ready for revolution as from rickshaw driver to President; all are corrupt in one sense or other
Have you seen shameless people who stolen the mobile, money and other things when Plane crashed recently in Islamabad
Our majority people who cast vote lives in villages, they don’t have capability to think after one month, they are oppressed, they demands start from Thana kachehry to Patwari, they even not heard the name of Imran Khan, NRO Scandal, Hajj Scam, drug scandal
That’s is why these politicians represent people wishes, and only focus on Thana, Patwari politics, they are broker not leaders
These are so shameless people that will change party on weekly basis and defend every new party on TV but still we vote for them
Solution
A military backed civil government with full authority to crush different corrupt segments and deliver and teach the people not follow the people
Well said. Thats why I think evolution would take decades. Which means millions more have to die in drone attacks or just from hunger or in war. Where are we going? Do we have to die this way?
The Following User Says Thank You to talalz3 For This Useful Post:
shahzad but (Wednesday, May 16, 2012)

mjkhan is a name known to allmjkhan is a name known to allmjkhan is a name known to allmjkhan is a name known to allmjkhan is a name known to allmjkhan is a name known to all

It is on its way i.e Evolution.
shahzad but (Wednesday, May 16, 2012)
Old Tuesday, April 24, 2012

stranger498 is on a distinguished road
Default Revolution

i am not a very good reader of opinions as everybody is very fond off making a speech including me that's why i read half of the post of the thread starter and in spite of reading long,thoughtful and "pseudo evolutionary/revolutionary" ideas of my respected member fellows i am posting my own view
the only need is the change of behavior on the part of the people,we always say or presume that our leaders are corrupt and are keenly looting this country but what are we doing???we are selling our votes,we are selling powdered bricks in the form of MIRCH,we are making our children to drink filthy milk,we are injecting water injections to the meat of the animals to increase its water.None of us is ready to obey the rule himself,we are so dumb to even think for sometime that what the hell are we doing to ourselves,what are we contributing to our society...i think that if everyone of us,before going to sleep starts accounting for the evil deeds committed in one day,we'll come to know that we are no more CORRUPT and DISHONEST than the leaders who are governing.The mere difference is that they are looting on what they are capable of and your making your share out of what we have grasp on...

the only way OUT of this pathetic condition is REVOLUTION among our own self.its the need of the hour to mend our ways,see in our own characters and find the cure for the diseases of our own body,mind and intentions.only then we'll be able to put a hand on the collars of our LEADERS
dont forget the DIVINE saying that "as are the subjects,so are the leaders"so for GOD SAKE stop waiting for the evolution or revolution.if you really want to change something,change yourself
doc lee (Friday, December 27, 2013), muhammad_essa (Tuesday, April 24, 2012), nadiamughal (Monday, May 14, 2012), shahzad but (Wednesday, May 16, 2012)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,122 Times in 674 Posts
mhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud of

The history of the world shows that agrarian feudal societies, like ours, became nations after revolution(s). Islam itself for example was a revolution of its times . Revolution is also a part of evolutionary struggle .
Hamidullah Gul (Tuesday, April 24, 2012), mjkhan (Tuesday, April 24, 2012), nadiamughal (Monday, May 14, 2012), shahzad but (Wednesday, May 16, 2012)

Hamidullah Gul will become famous soon enough

As a whole we all talk about the frustration and that we are tired of the status-quo but when things go specific then none of us want a revolution or evolution, most of us are happy with the status-quo if they are favored by this, I believe the Volition that is must for revolution or evolution is not there in our nation. Evolution through ballot will take centuries, not decades, and revolution is not possible due to the lack of the will among the leadership and the masses.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hamidullah Gul For This Useful Post:
seemasheikh (Thursday, April 26, 2012)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,122 Times in 674 Posts
mhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by talalz3 View Post
Kind of like what happened in Turkey. A single political party slowly established itself and finally after many years won a majority. Now Turkey is a model for the Islamic world. This is a fine example of Evolution.
Turkey itself went through a revolutionary War of Independence and subsequent reforms under Ataturk regime to become a nation-state first after the dissolution of Ottoman Caliphate . Present evolutionary process is taking place after that .

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhmmdkashif View Post
Turkey itself went through a revolutionary War of Independence and subsequent reforms under Ataturk regime to become a nation-state first after the dissolution of Ottoman Caliphate . Present evolutionary process is taking place after that .
Yes but in this way, Pakistan is also the result of revolution in 1947.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stranger498 View Post
i am not a very good reader of opinions as everybody is very fond off making a speech including me that's why i read half of the post of the thread starter and in spite of reading long,thoughtful and "pseudo evolutionary/revolutionary" ideas of my respected member fellows i am posting my own view
the only need is the change of behavior on the part of the people,we always say or presume that our leaders are corrupt and are keenly looting this country but what are we doing???we are selling our votes,we are selling powdered bricks in the form of MIRCH,we are making our children to drink filthy milk,we are injecting water injections to the meat of the animals to increase its water.None of us is ready to obey the rule himself,we are so dumb to even think for sometime that what the hell are we doing to ourselves,what are we contributing to our society...i think that if everyone of us,before going to sleep starts accounting for the evil deeds committed in one day,we'll come to know that we are no more CORRUPT and DISHONEST than the leaders who are governing.The mere difference is that they are looting on what they are capable of and your making your share out of what we have grasp on...

the only way OUT of this pathetic condition is REVOLUTION among our own self.its the need of the hour to mend our ways,see in our own characters and find the cure for the diseases of our own body,mind and intentions.only then we'll be able to put a hand on the collars of our LEADERS
dont forget the DIVINE saying that "as are the subjects,so are the leaders"so for GOD SAKE stop waiting for the evolution or revolution.if you really want to change something,change yourself
I was thinking a bit more realistically. Unfortunately, humarey logon ko danday se theek karna parta hai. So in this chaotic situation what is the fastest way out? That is my question

Last edited by Shooting Star; Tuesday, April 24, 2012 at 07:05 PM. Reason: merged