View Single Post
Old Sunday, April 29, 2012

MBA has a spectacular aura aboutMBA has a spectacular aura aboutMBA has a spectacular aura about

I have appointed as MTO in a bank some 9 months ago, before that I was serving in a Pharmaceutical on good position.

To me the banking is job doesn't worth it, you have to reach the office before 9am and there is no time to leave office, this is regular exercise in most of banks in Pakistan, you have to work like clerk in branches and decision making is at your Head Office, if you are in Finance/CAD/Treasury dept you are learning for few years but after sometime you just stuck and exercise the same day routine work which never changes.

Branch Banking has charm as you build relations and can be beneficial to your friends, social circle by helping them in loans or etc but you have to fetch deposits for promotions and salary increments.

Other departments like loaning, product based work is quite hectic and have charm like conferences and workshops, you travel at times and meet other banks, you can switch after fair bargaining BUT the job takes a lot of time, you cant fairly study or give good time to friends after a tiring day.

But it depends, NBP and SBP has quite good salaries, and benefits, and newly introduced Sindh Bank Ltd has good charm in coming years but private banks are extracting blood out of veins, think twice before stepping into Banking Sector... I myself who is a social freak, is not content but it has charm as in:

1. Well equipped office
2. Health Insurance
3. Air conditioned branches/offices
4. Proper dress code
5. Banking standards and rules are followed

In summary:

You look like an executive and work like a clerk (Said by our Senior auditor who advised me to join his department and see the charm of auditors in Banking)

Regards,
ahmad khan69 (Sunday, April 29, 2012), Ahmed Waqas (Sunday, April 29, 2012)