View Single Post
Old Monday, June 11, 2012
40th CTP (DMG)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Merit 22Elite CSP Medal: Members who previously received (CSP Award  and Member of the Year Award ) OR (CSP award + Gold Medal + Medal of Appreciation) are eligible for this award. - Issue reason: Member of the Year: Awarded to those community members who have made invaluable contributions to the Community in the particular year - Issue reason: 2012

Thanked 2,147 Times in 983 Posts
usman khalid has a brilliant futureusman khalid has a brilliant futureusman khalid has a brilliant futureusman khalid has a brilliant futureusman khalid has a brilliant futureusman khalid has a brilliant futureusman khalid has a brilliant futureusman khalid has a brilliant futureusman khalid has a brilliant futureusman khalid has a brilliant futureusman khalid has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryammalik View Post
Wow, you are an inspiration indeed. Many Congratulations on your success, you clearly deserve applause for you continuous hard work. Hats off and all the best for the future .

Since you are active on the forum we must try to get the best of you. Kindly tell us all the strategies you learnt from the experience. As you have mentioned in one of your para you were the victim of 'scoring trend' in your first attempt. What do you mean by that? Are there any subjects that would be considered safer than other?

Also kindly share the names of the books you have consulted during your preparation especially for the compulsory subjects. A brief strategies of all the subjects with books name would be icing on the cake.

I hope i'm not bugging you much.

Congratulations once again!
Thanks!

As I had barely 2 months to prepare for exams along with my job and studies so I preferred smart work to hard work this time. I identified most important / repeated topics for all subjects and tried to prepare all those in this short period of time. I tried to make presentation in the paper very attractive by use of blue / black color headings / writing combination. Unfortunately, I didn't have the privilege to miss my IBA classes during my exam as my attendance was already short so I had to rush to IBA to attend classes at 6 PM after taking my CSS papers.
For compulsory papers like CA, PA I gave heading 'critical analysis' at the end for every question. I think this technique worked well because despite of getting only 9 and 13 MCQs correct in PA and CA, I scored 53 and 69 respectively in both papers.

Scoring trend is a phenomenon which haunts CSS candidates every year and creates a lot of uncertainities regarding expected result. Sometimes, a subject even with a very good attempt doesn't come out to be scoring due to this fact. In 2008, same was the case with my optional subjects in which British History and Sociology were hit badly by scoring trend resulting in low written score and thus I was unable to get allocation. In 2010, candidates opting Indopak History, Islamic History and Journalism etc were badly affected due to overall low scores in these subjects.