View Single Post
Old Monday, June 11, 2012
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 Merit 36

muhammad imran sethi is on a distinguished road
Default Css reforms

I THINK IN ORDER TO INCRESE CREDIBILITY AND IMPROVE EVALUATION CRITERIA OF CSS 1)ENGLISH ESSAY BE INTRODUCED AS SCREENING TEST.ONLY THOSE WHO PASS IT SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO SIT IN REMAINING PAPERS 2) OPTIONALS SHOULD BE ABOLISLISHED AS ONLY COMPULSORIES CHECK ORIGINALITY OF CANDIDATES 3) MARKS OF INTERVIEW SHOULD BE 50 OR 100 AS IN MY VIEW A PANEL WITHOUT A SOUND JUDGEMENT LIKE OBSERVED IN RECENT CASES CAN RUIN CAREER OF CANDIDATES
As I had barely 2 months to prepare for exams along with my job and studies so I preferred smart work to hard work this time. I identified most important / repeated topics for all subjects and tried to prepare all those in this short period of time. I tried to make presentation in the paper very attractive by use of blue / black color headings / writing combination. Unfortunately, I didn't have the privilege to miss my IBA classes during my exam as my attendance was already short so I had to rush to IBA to attend classes at 6 PM after taking my CSS papers
For compulsory papers like CA, PA I gave heading 'critical analysis' at the end for every question. I think this technique worked well because despite of having 10 and 13 MCQs correct in PA and CA, I scored 53 and 69 respectively in both papers.

Scoring trend is a phenomenon which haunts CSS candidates every year and creates a lot of uncertainities regarding expected result. Sometimes, a subject even with a very good attempt doesn't come out to be scoring due to this fact. In 2008, same was the case with my optional subjects in which British History and Sociology were hit badly by scoring trend resulting in low written score and thus I was unable to get allocation. In 2010, candidates opting Indopak History, Islamic History and Journalism etc were badly affected due to overall low scores in these subjects.[/QUOTE]
The Following User Says Thank You to muhammad imran sethi For This Useful Post:
ali emraan (Tuesday, June 12, 2012)