View Single Post
Old Friday, June 15, 2012
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2010 - Roll number 6338

JazibRoomi has a spectacular aura aboutJazibRoomi has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz View Post
Dear Yusafzai: I know very well about the reserved seats' allocation.

Your explanation shows one misconception i.e. 89 seats for male candidates. These 89 seats are common seats for both the male and female candidates to compete (This is the main thing where your calculation fails).
Any female can be allocated from these 89 seats first if her preferred group is available in common seats. If her preferred group is not available in the common seats then woman quota is utilized for her. So not all the 89 seats will be available for male candidates, 15 to 17 seats will be allocated to female candidates out of 89.

Approximately following will be the number of female candidates to be allocated from Punjab:

Open Merit 2 + Punjab Common Seats 15 + Woman Quota 11 = 28

So first 28 females of Punjab will surely be allocated. Rest of the females will be dependent upon luck factor (if repeaters do not join the service).
Raz Bro I am afraid that you are not right here. Counting of female candidates for allocation against women quota starts from the point where provincial open merit ends. To me it appears that punjab open merit seats will exhaust at 128 Hafiz Abrar Hussain. The next 11 female candidates from Punjab who will make way through women quota are:

145 Sana Saif Tirmazee
153 Aqsa Shaukat Chattha
169 Aisha Karamat
174 Sumera Rafiq
178 Maryam Malik
179 Sana Khalid
195 Zara Malik
201 Huma Ruqayya Safdar
209 Sehar Mannoo
211 Abida Mariam
213 Shireen Hina Asghar

In case Punjab merit seats end at 125, Itrat Zahara 127, will be the first women on quota seats and Abida Mariam 211, the last one. Preference of any female candidate will not alter the number of female candidates allocated, though higher on merit getting the preferred group is for sure.