View Single Post
Old Thursday, June 21, 2012
40th CTP (IRS)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Merit 176Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

rose_pak is a jewel in the roughrose_pak is a jewel in the roughrose_pak is a jewel in the roughrose_pak is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by marilatif View Post
i think you can find a lot of material about this group in its subforum. however, here is my personal opinion about the group considering your questions.

working conditions are neat and clean. most of the officers of this group work in Regional Tax offices of big cities, however, the group has set ups in most of the districts too. offices are well maintained but they are usually small for grade 17 officers.

promotions are no issue in this group. officers can be promoted as quickly as any other group. most of the officers usually reach in grade 21. there are certain seats in grade 22 too. it all depends upon your efficiency that till which grade you manage to reach.

i believe this is the group which offers more scholarships than any other group both indigenous as well as overseas. i would say whenever and wherever you want to go for any kind of degree you will be given an scholarship by your group.

designations in IRS are same as in DMG. that is officer will call himself Assistant commissioner, deputy commissioner and commissioner similar to the designation in DMG. considering this fact, you do not need to explain to any tom, dick and harry that who you are and what is your position. as people are already well-versed about this nomenclature. moreover, your prestige level will be higher among the elite and industrialist class than common people. as your clients are industrialists not common people.

every group is better in CSS. there are certain merits and demerits of every group. its very much certain that IRS is among the five top most groups of CSS, rivaling even the Customs.

yeah there are certain demerits too.

in big cities grade 17 officers usually do not get a car and house. in 18 everyone does. its a technical job, therefore, those who dont work hard during the initial time of their service would turn up as liability for their group. thus it becomes a nightmare for them. it is said that the officer of IRS is like a banker, so true charm of a CSP may not be felt in grade 17.

conclusion:

i would say, future of this group is tremendously bright. brighter than any other group. so always feel proud to join this group as a professional.
You said the future of this group is brighter than any other group? Can we compare this with DMG? Should a person getting IRS reappear for DMG or try to concentrate on his career within this group?

Secondly, I was told by someone that IRS does not have any post in grade 22. But you said it has some. How much percentage it has in grade 22? and can an IRS officer become chief secretary or federal secretary?

Could you please elaborate how this system works? Are people promoted within their own group or have transfers as well like secretaries and DGs?

Thank you very much for your response. I have been waiting for this since times immemorial (Result and final allocations k bech ka time )