View Single Post
Old Saturday, June 30, 2012
39th CTP (PCS)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2009 - Merit no 233

dr adnan rana will become famous soon enoughdr adnan rana will become famous soon enough
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by waqas maqsood View Post
Sir,
I have been told that IRS will be more effective than customs in the future. How far is it true? This year many of the candidates have preferred IRS over customs, one of my friend got 45th position this year and he has been told through inside sources that he has got IRS. Now imagine the importance of IRS which has started from 45th position.I have got 49th position and my 3rd preference is customs after police and DMG.Do you think i have made a mistake by preferring customs as there is now little chance for PCS officers to get to 22 grade.What's your take on that?
Dear Customs had been allocated to those who wrote it on 2nd or 3rd number in their preference list till last allocation of 2010 and nobody preferred IRS over Customs till last allocations. Let me tell you one thing that those who preferred IRS over Customs will surely repent on their decision soon after joining CSA..
Only problem is promotion these days and that problem is for both IRS n Customs. For IRS, new seats have been created and for Customs, only a few are being inducted these days. So this problem will be solved in future..
So relax dear, you will be lucky one to be a part of smart cadre,Customs because you ,ll be 5 in 40th CTP(we are 3 in 39th) and you can imagine the luxury of getting postings/transfer of your choice.
Last but not the least is that CULTURE OF AFSARI (servants,guards, big vehicles,salutes from subordinates,accommodation etc.) is hallmark of this Royal service...and in IRS typical Corporate set up is seen and NO AFSARI is there( with no offence to IRS fellows).
Good luck n Good bye.

Last edited by dr adnan rana; Saturday, June 30, 2012 at 05:54 PM. Reason: typo correction
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dr adnan rana For This Useful Post:
Rahat Naseem (Saturday, October 06, 2018), Riaz Ahmed Alizai (Monday, July 09, 2012)