View Single Post
Old Sunday, July 01, 2012

omama is on a distinguished road

Thank you Abdul Q and mjkhan for your kind reply.
These were some excerpts from my SOP.These para are intended to show my need.
My full SOP

Since my earliest school days I have been interested in the pursuit of knowledge and truth, a search which was inspired by my parents and nurtured by my teachers. My aim is to pursue a research career which involves innovative creations, and meets the ever increasing demands of our society and industry. My innate liking and aptitude for ingenious and novel ideas has motivated me to pursue undergraduate studies in Electrical Engineering, which I feel offers immense scope for creativity.
My interest in the subject is not limited to Pure Electrical Engineering; it spreads out to encompass its applications in everyday life as well. Among other disciplines, I am interested in Electrical Energy Systems, Control Systems and Digital Signal Processing. The notion of programming and designing efficient systems to achieve desired output greatly fascinates me. “Develop Systems that deliver what they promise” is a personal goal I will be trying to achieve in my higher studies.
A strong sense of responsibility and a wish to perform 100% all the time enable me to maintain good academic record throughout my career. I was able to study at Islamia College Peshawar (ICP) due to my good high school marks. My academic record continues to flourish at ICP and I consistently stood among the top rankers. My 13th position in university entrance test enables me to secure admission in Department of Electrical Engineering, one of competitive field in University of Engineering & Technology Peshawar.
(The death of my father in early stage of my life put extra responsibility of financing my family and my education. I literally work tirelessly in my academic and guardian roles. Numerous scholarships and awards made my university experience possible. To meet my expenses I was also involved in teaching Physics and Calculus to high school students.
My country Pakistan has experienced a series of overlapping crisis beginning with terrorism, earthquake, floods and now power crisis. Due to contiguity with Swat and Tribal areas we were greatly affected by Military operations and Internally Displaced People (IDP’s). Our province was a serious victim of the 2010 floods. Four cities, including our city Mardan were overwhelmed by the huge mass of water raised. Thanks to the Government of Pakistan that it helped us in the time of need in form of fee waiver and scholarships. But now as my Bachelor of Electrical Engineering is completed, I have no such help regarding my educational expenses.)
The deteriorating situation of energy is becoming a nightmare for already ''terror- stricken nation”. I opt to study Electrical Energy Systems abroad rather than at home as I would like to take advantage of the expertise and excellence of the West and apply the skills acquired over there to the service of my own people. United Kingdom best higher education literacy rate, improved research capabilities, and technological developments are a role model for Pakistan. Cardiff University gives the opportunity of high quality education with rich fields of choice and dynamic curriculum. The active university-industry linkage of Cardiff University will give me exposure to fast transient scientific environment and will help me to achieve excellence in my research work.
Behind my achievements is a strong desire to learn and motivate others by my own positive example .I strongly believe that my undeterred enthusiasm, motivation, capacity for hard work and strong technical skills, I will be able to successfully complete my graduate studies. Pursuing my Postgraduate studies at a prestigious university is a dream for me without financial support. My economic conditions don’t allow me fulfill my ambition of becoming a research scholar unless supported.
I hope my credentials will merit me admission at your university with full financial assistance.