View Single Post
Old Wednesday, July 04, 2012

pearlyS will become famous soon enough

[QUOTE=shakeel ghori;449924]Is it necessary to read such domestic issues as political squabbles, constitutional clashes, deterioration of law and order in Karachi, missing persons in Balochistan, sectarian violence and killings of Hazaraz, issues pertaining to corruption such as memo scandal or NRO, and likewise. The evaluation of topic in accordance to their importance is the major problem where I often stuck in. It is an upright fact that a css aspirant can not read these all issues which appear in paper daily in different headings. Moreover, if we are reading newspaper without adopting systematic way or justifying that whether we are going according to the requirements of exam, I think, we will be in imbroglio to deal with current affairs.

salam!!!

in my view you must be aware of all these "happenings"(unfortunte though) because if they are not asked/used directly they can be used to raise an argument or quote an example. for example political squabbling destroys prospects for meaningful dissension or consensus that may be useful for people otherwise.similarly hazara/secatarian killings show the fault lines of our polity & can be quoted/debated in a question according to its mold.
In shortCA paper asks your analyses about issues not personalities.sagas revolving around personalities are hardly asked.personalities related questions are pak-affairs stuff.
for newspaper reading,say dawn,concentrate on editorials,articles written by eminent writers & sometimes letters by public are your daily newspaper reading staple.page 1 & international news according to relevance like arab's spring or palestine issue etc....more recently syria & egypt is in focus.
i hope my reply serves the purpose to some extent!!!

regards