View Single Post
Old Tuesday, July 17, 2012

NOUMAN is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lailajafri View Post
The IPC person told me that they will pay 500$ to PhD scholar and 300$ to master student along with the scholarship amount given by the Chinese Government. But presently they do not have funds for that.

Last year, they signed the bonds on the same conditions. have not you singed that bond?
what is your medium of education there?
How much amount China govt is paying you? Is it sufficient?
Can we work there also or is it not allowed?

Please help me in this regard. As these things are important to make decision regrading accepting scholarship and going to China.
@laila Jafri I hope these questions are for me...
1-Yes i had signed that bond but still no money
2-English
3-I am in masters so CSC is giving me 1700 RMB and believe me its more then enough.I am living in one of the expensive city i.e Beijing but come on that depends on how you manage.
4-You can find some jobs like teaching kids English etc but a professional job you cannot do on student visa.Ok let me put this more frankly if i spend my scholarship with full ash and khula hath type even then at the end of the month i can save money.So money is enough if you are alone.

For me coming to china was like i dint have anyother choice at that time......so everyone has his or her own decision criteria.Which university they gave you admission in??what is your major??and what else choice you have except this schlaorship???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba View Post
Thank you so much brother.

Aap kiss city and university mein ho?

I was informed through email that CSC has placed me at DUFE in Dalian city for PhD Marketing. Whatever I have searched, I found out that DUFE (full form Dongbei university of finance and economics) is ranked among top 5 business schools in China. My mode of education would be English instead of Chinese...

Do you think its a good offer.. or Should I try for some other country ... People in Pakistan have common perception that China offers low quality, short lived products.. hence the quality of education might also be questionable..

@Simba
1-I am in beijing
2-When i was coming here i heard the same from people but for me it doesnt matter because people are always there to criticize.Besides that i dint have any choice at that time but to avail this opportunity and believe me so far i have no regrets.
3-As far as quality of education is concerened yar i can say that after spending almost 1 year here my conclusion is Pak is 1000 years back.like i dint even know how to start a research and yahan k graduates yea sab school level say seekh k atay hen......
besides that i will not potray a glorious picture because everyone has his own experience and the way through which he sees the things.i will suggest you to think that what other option you have besides this?jobs hen nahi in pak,,schlorship bhi luck say milta hai....so think what you have else with you......
and no need to thanx i have experienced the same when i was coming so feel free to ask anysort of questions.

Last edited by Amna; Tuesday, July 17, 2012 at 12:49 PM. Reason: merged/chain posts