Thread: CSS or PMS?
View Single Post
Old Monday, July 23, 2012

DEVOLUTION GEEK will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by umar riaz View Post
a css officer is a css officer.. even a postal csp officer can be a boss to a pms officer (after apug).. but u wont hear a PMS officer dictating terms to csp,.. for me CSS is more better option.. the rest is ur choice, and depends on ur aptitude.. both r govt officers, with slight edge to csps (in my opinion).
CSS is the name of first three to four groups. There is no match between Postal Service and PMS. Even a senior postal officer trail behind Assistant Commissioner of PMS for petty issues. Image the difference of power and authority between a junior PMS Assistant Commissioner and a divisional postal officer who has no power and authority and concerned only with transmitting posts. Postal officers have no power and authority and indeed no social status too. Three days ago, a grade 18 officer of postal was slavIshly requesting my PMS colleague for the 'special' treatment of his relative in hospital. PMS offIcers do dIctate terms to Postal ones when they are posted In fIeld. Postal officers, few of them, dictate their terms to them only when they are posted in provincial secretariats on deputations and that's too on 'sifarish' which is indeed an evil thing. Only a DMG offIcer can be a boss of PMS one. I don't want to disparage Postal but the fact is fact. Yes, postal is a good group if you want peace of mind and secluded environment. Edge is only for DMG, PSP, FSP and Customs.

Sent from Tapatalk 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gul Bacha View Post
i dont want to exaggerate with you people about the superiority of css cadres over pms but will simply add that a couple of days ago i asked one of my close friends who is a pms officers about the powers and privileges of both the services then he stated that it will be extremely foolish and insane if someone leaves even postal and railway of css for pms.I get very much dumbfounded at his this statement. Again i raised with him the issue of 18th amendment and provincial autonomy that it will make the PMS services lucrative but he said its all just gossip. I again get very much astonished.
Moreover i discoursed the aforementioned issue with a score of CSP's and PMS officers as well but they were also in the favour of css cadres.
Besides i have perceived a couple of CSP's of IG,MLCG and Postal Group who has cleared the PMS exam with flying colours but restricted themselves to their previous groups instead of joining PMS.
At this juncture finally i would infer that each and every group of css is far better than pms

even some people rank PMS better than Customs, ROYAL GROUP.. It is very funny. good joke brother
Change is possible in this fog of ignorance.
Khuda aj tak us qom ke halat nhi badli.....................

Brother if you are enough to qualify the css exam and get allocated then go for css otherwise PMS is also a good choice for but every group of CSS should be your first priority according to my perception. regards

and what about the federal secretaries and CEO from OMG and MLCG respectively. In FSP and Postal you will earn more halal paisa. what about these???????. In Fsp you will be an official representative of a country so what you need else gentleman
Name the person who told you that postal and Railway are better than PMS. I have never heard any PMS officer or Indeed a sane CSS one saying that before. I have never felt that PMS officers are lesser than postal, OMG and railway ones during my several years of service in Punjab Secretariat.
Customs is a Royal Group because of corruption alone and some people like me don't like it. It's my personal preference, you may like Customs. I would prefer PMS over customs but it is my personal preference. Yes, most of the people in our society prefer customs. You can understand the reason behind it. After first four groups of CSS, PMS is indeed better.
DCO is far more powerful than a CEO so no match between MLCG and PMS and OMG is perhaps the worst group when it comes to facilities. You have to service as a section officer for more than a decade and only few officers climb up to become federal secretaries. Most of the federal secretariat seats are occupied by DMG. I can name you several PMS officers who stayed in PMS instead of going to OMG, POSTAL and even PAAS. They are quite happy here.
There is no bulk of Halal money in postal. Who told you that ? You are only entitled to monthly salary.
I have never said that FSP is lesser than PMS. Foreign Service is indeed far better than PMS in every aspect.

Sent from Tapatalk 2

Last edited by Shooting Star; Monday, July 23, 2012 at 02:33 PM. Reason: merged
The Following User Says Thank You to DEVOLUTION GEEK For This Useful Post:
Kamran (Monday, July 23, 2012)