Thread: Patriotism
View Single Post
Old Friday, July 27, 2012

samia fakhar is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~BraveHeart~ View Post
@ Samia Fakhar, I really appreciate your optimistic view on our coutry. "A man's country is not a certain area of land, of mountains, rivers, and woods, but it is a principle and patriotism is loyalty to that principle." I just want to add a small view of mine that the day when we all will be together( Punjabi,Sindhi,Balochi,Pathan,all others),, as you can better judge the recent scenerio, by which It is crystal clear that we are dragging the future of Pakistan in gloom !! By making seperate Provinces or depriving any Province by accession of His due rights we can only produce hatred amongst us not UNITY!!
I agree that if we will make some people of the country deprived, the situation will turn to the incidence of 1970s (Allah forbids) but we should keep in mind that 1971 Bangalis were used by foreign forces in their interests and now we Pakistani can't afford to become the tools of anti Pakistan forces... I hope u are understanding... we all have the contribution in the prospect of the country... Have you ever not forward a joke about Pathan or Punjabi to your friend? It may be a small act but only this single act creating the different identities such as Pathan, Punjabi, Balochi and Sindhi rather than Pakistani? Isn't it? Why are we talking about that a policies are compeling people of a province to demand seperation (I hope u are getting me) no doubt, policy makers have the great contribution but we -the masses- are also playing our part? have you ever the chance to live with people other than your language? what have you noticed? Have you not passed from the situation when your friends are taunting and asking very odd questions about ur sect? Can't we question a near by mosque MULLA if he is criticing a particular sect in his religioius speeches? If we all the part and parcel of these acts then i think so I am right that charity begins at home... no doubt the situation is getting gloomy day by day but we as Pakistanis should play our part at least.... we sholud not let any one to play with our sentiments, become a tool in their hands and we should be aware that if these people are not sincere with their mother land and trying to disintegrate her then how is it possible that they will be sincere with us...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertrain View Post
Sister I completely Agree with you. Its hopelessness that nourishes the human hope. And we should always look for the good instead of Giving Up !!

But the thing is that Not only we need a Competent leader but we are also having troubles with our People.
Where would you find sincere people for this country ?

Near to My house there are two short bridges. More than 100 years have now passed to that bridge. And they are still in better condition. Just because it was Built by English Engineers during their rule.

While few months before , there was a project of rebuilding the main Gate of Our university campus.
They built it , the next day it fell down and two workers died underneath.
Just because the engineer to whom the project was given used substandard material just to cut costs.

Every single person is involved in curruption. From driver to Engineer, to doctor to busnessman.

When such are the conditions of our people , why should I think then that things will get better in future ?

You quoted about Guantanamo bay- well , then it Must be in Your Knowledge that the captives in this bay arent Americans.

No matter how ruthless their Govt is for the rest of the countries ( it is something related to International relations) but their own people have been provided with all kind of facilities.
Atleast they have got privileges as a normal citizen should have.

You said beating a girl to death. Well, kidnapping, killings and child labour is at rife here.

You might disapprove of what I said. But trust me , if u ever have a chance to visit some foreign country ,do observe our people.
When people are crossing the road , the only car that wont stop for them would be driven by a Pakistani.
The person that u find quarrelsome would be Pakistani.
The only person staring at people would be from here.

I just dont understand why only WE ?
It will take long long to change the minds of people. Words doesnt carry power. We shall get more into practical.

Beleive Me , other nations are hundred years ahead of us.
And you said charity begins at home- but who will take the first step ? We ? If we , then when ?
Thanks for calling me sister first of all... well brother there are many things you mentioned in your comment and i will appreciate your observations as well...
ur first question: Where would you find sincere people for this country ?
well i will find a sincere person on this very forum and that is DESERTRAIN. isn't it? tell me are u not sincere with Pakistan? there are many peolpe like you who are thinking about the situation and this is even satisfactory thing that we the masses are not sleeping... and if we are conscious about the situation then we can play our part. as educated people we can at least clearify the minds of our uneducated people about the patriotism.. a very small act but very encouraging and a good contribution in our capacity.
second thing you said that every single person is involved in corruption. well to my mind this corruption is a moral crime as well... we as student and as professionals how much is we pouring into our responsibities? tell me if as a student you will get the chance to cheat in exam will yuo lose this opportunity? i think so a big NOT... (I am not talking about u brother i am just quoting an example to show the moral corruption of our nation. my stance is clear we can't expect any good change from our leaders if we will not take initiative from our side) you said that each and every person is corrupt but who is that each and every person? are not we?
now about Gauntanamu bay... well i know their are no American in guantanamu bay but their are human beings. I just quoted the example that the so called civilized courties are crossing their limits of human right violation but they are very good in blaming others....
you said that American government is providing facilities to their citizens but there are two things in this as well... America is snatching the rights of others and pouring it in to country... Iraq war was a oil game in Afghanistan she has its own interest.. so it is also not fair to snatch the right of others and give it to her own people.. (here we should think as a human being not as American. If might is right then this prosperity is also questionalbe)
well about beating girl I say that there is zero chance of occurance of incidence... why? because I think so people of Pakistan is not so insensitive that a gang is beating a girl on the road and you will not notice it or will not take an action.... no doubt there are criminal factors in our society but our common people are not alike... I am not saying "PAKISTAN MAIN DODH KI NEHRAIN BEH RAHI HAIN" but we should be opitimistic... developed nations have also started from scratches why not we? and we have not to take start from scratches... trust me we have potentials but we have ta take initiative...

Last edited by Shooting Star; Friday, July 27, 2012 at 02:37 PM. Reason: merged