View Single Post
Old Saturday, July 28, 2012
40th CTP (DMG)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Merit 16Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

ArifAwan is a splendid one to beholdArifAwan is a splendid one to beholdArifAwan is a splendid one to beholdArifAwan is a splendid one to beholdArifAwan is a splendid one to beholdArifAwan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by munim nazir View Post
sir, arif i,m new aspirant for css 2013, i have done m.a political science. i,m confused in selecting subjects till yet i have decided public add, sociology and journalism but what should i opt in british history vs indon pak and international law vs international relation.
Indo-Pak history is under the cloud so British history is preferable. International law has a a short course and repetitive questions while IR is a broader subject with extensive scope. So IL will be better I guess...

Quote:
Originally Posted by urfa khan View Post
congratulations bro on ur success.
i need a help and guidance frm you that how to clear precis nd composition paper what should be the strategy nd every one use to say for css smart study is required what does it mean? can u plz elaborate this smart study procedure. Also i want to know that making ur own notes is beneficial when 6 months are left for exam........
regardz
One Essay and one precis per week...that makes 25 essays and 25 precis in 6 months! The calculation is simple. But get it checked by a good English teacher in your locality.

Get hold of past papers and try to solve as many as you can in given time. Smart study means preparation in light of Past papers.

As far as making notes are concerned, I leave that to your discretion. I had a short span of preparation so i would use highlighter and made outlines for some important questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmarrz View Post
Congratulation brother..

Could you guide me how to answer particular question in a paper with respect to the sociology paper of 2011? and how long a particular answer should be...
It will be difficult for me to revisit old papers but as a general rule, Give introduction (back ground), salient features, recommendations, conclusions sort of headings while attempting a question. If it is about the contributions of a sociologist, a short history of his life should precede the main body of question. Use catchy words for headings.

Last edited by marwatone; Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 04:41 AM. Reason: Posts merged.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ArifAwan For This Useful Post:
Arslan Warraich (Wednesday, January 15, 2014), asmarrz (Sunday, July 29, 2012), parwarsha (Thursday, August 08, 2013), pearlyS (Saturday, July 28, 2012), roijen (Saturday, July 28, 2012), urfa khan (Sunday, July 29, 2012)