View Single Post
Old Sunday, August 05, 2012

ahsanmuneeb is on a distinguished road
Default Document Attestation

Academic Documents

Original academic documents to be attested first from Higher Education Commission (for B.A. and above); and from Inter Board Committee of Chairman (for F.A. and below), then by Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Islamabad, or from their respective Camp Offices in Karachi, Lahore, Peshawar and Quetta.

All Other Pakistani Documents
Required to be attested first from Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Islamabad or its Camp Offices in Karachi, Lahore, Peshawar and Quetta.

•Relevant attestation fee to be paid
•Ordinary documents will be returned on third working day
•Urgent documents will be returned on next working day

The following documents in original as well as the copies of these documents are not attested by Embassy because they do not fall under its purview:-
•Passports
•Domicile
•ID Cards
•Documents related to immoveable property (i.e. Registries of Land)

ATTESTATION

TIMINGS
Monday to Thursday: 8 AM to 1 PM
Friday: 8 AM to 12 Noon

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Islamabad and all its Camp Offices at Peshawar, Lahore, Karachi and Quetta do not attest either the contents or the genuineness of the document. They only countersigns the attestation made by other authorities like the educational certificates which have to be attested by IBCC and Higher Education Commission etc. The Ministry, thus, verifies the signatures of concerned attesting authorities. These documents include:

•Documents issued by various authorities of central, provincial and local government which are intended to be used abroad or submitted in Foreign Missions in Pakistan;
•Documents verified/attested by our Foreign Missions which are intended to be presented in Pakistan

Further, the Ministry only attests documents in Urdu and English versions. Document or its translation in any other language other than English is not attested. Applicants may get their attested documents translated from the Translation Centres, approved by the concerned diplomatic Mission, in Islamabad and submit directly to the Embassies.

Documents once attested, will remain valid forever and hence will not be re-attested.

Attestation made by the Camp Offices of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs at Lahore, Quetta, Peshawar, Karachi has the same weightage and authenticity as the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Islamabad and hence, will not be re-attested.

Photocopy or translation of any document will be attested when original document is presented or it is attested by a gazetted officer of BPS-17 or above.

further detail can be read from this website:
http://www.mofa.gov.pk/mfa/pages/pri...x?id=30&type=4