View Single Post
Old Friday, August 24, 2012

samia fakhar is on a distinguished road

@ Zuhaib, Mehwish and Shah
I think so we all are not clear about thesis statement. Well thesis statement is type of summary of whole essay and this is what i learnt in pakistan..... Now this is again a question mark for me to digest how this thesis statement (a type of summary at the start of ur essay) will be put at the start of introduction?
@ all
plz if u have a relevant example of written essay with start of thesis statement, share over here. I will be indebted

Quote:
Originally Posted by shah View Post
dear may be zohaib was not thinking the way you and me
but i want to ad something , that you defined thesis statement and hook on the rocks (100% agreed) .
Here is another view , use thesis statement in outline's intro because you have to write thesis statement to get checkers attention and to assure him that you have what he wants This is what i have learnt when i was in kingdom and tried it in css and believe me mehwish it is like macdonald's apple pie in css got good score with this method in CE2011 and many others too
Thesis statement in the outline, u mran to say give the reference of thesis statement in outline like this
Introduction
1. Muslim population comprising 2/3rd of world's total population.
2. Despite enormous potential — Muslim world lags behind in all spheres of life.
3. Thesis statement leading to conclusion.

Overview of the economic potential of the Muslim World.
and so on

@ umer, shah, zuhaib mehwish and all
is it recommended to start an essay with abrupt style? As we always read about start that it must be catchy and attention grabber. it is better to start from a quotation etc.. here i want to ask if i will give the start with elaborating some incidence then will it be ok? for example if i am writing an essay on terrorism then may i go for such start which is giving the picture of worse situation of a place and people who are the victims of a suicide attack on the spot.
e.g.
People were sceaming. Some of them were carrying others. there were ambulances everywhere. the whole scene was bleeding etc etc etc
so may i go for such abrupt start as I guess this is somewhat very catchy than to go for quotation or thesis statement.
what do you people say???

Last edited by Shooting Star; Friday, August 24, 2012 at 02:56 PM. Reason: merged