View Single Post
Old Friday, August 24, 2012
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,992 Times in 631 Posts
zuhaib ahmed has much to be proud ofzuhaib ahmed has much to be proud ofzuhaib ahmed has much to be proud ofzuhaib ahmed has much to be proud ofzuhaib ahmed has much to be proud ofzuhaib ahmed has much to be proud ofzuhaib ahmed has much to be proud ofzuhaib ahmed has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by samia fakhar View Post
@ Zuhaib, Mehwish and Shah
I think so we all are not clear about thesis statement. Well thesis statement is type of summary of whole essay and this is what i learnt in pakistan..... Now this is again a question mark for me to digest how this thesis statement (a type of summary at the start of ur essay) will be put at the start of introduction?
@ all
plz if u have a relevant example of written essay with start of thesis statement, share over here. I will be indebted
I had shared a link of 15 Essays of CSPs. Scroll back.

Quote:
is it recommended to start an essay with abrupt style? As we always read about start that it must be catchy and attention grabber. it is better to start from a quotation etc.. here i want to ask if i will give the start with elaborating some incidence then will it be ok? for example if i am writing an essay on terrorism then may i go for such start which is giving the picture of worse situation of a place and people who are the victims of a suicide attack on the spot.
e.g.
People were sceaming. Some of them were carrying others. there were ambulances everywhere. the whole scene was bleeding etc etc etc
so may i go for such abrupt start as I guess this is somewhat very catchy than to go for quotation or thesis statement.
what do you people say???
No, I should say NO for this. It is descriptive style which you can make in other paragraph not in Introduction.

You can make it like;

People scream, cry, bleed and undergo tortures, tragedies, torments and tensions. Terrorism has been more terrifying than the King of Terrors.

These words give overview of the situation in our country, not exactly about a exact spot which you have seen, hope, you understand.

After this, you can easily speak about TERRORISM and give a thesis statement.

But, if you fully speak about the situation, it may not help you to make a good introduction and you will not be able to jot down the gist of Essay.

It is quite better to start with a verse or quotation. After that; you can make your introduction a bit catchy. You can give a literary taste too but in a technical way.

I am a poor writer but see two introductions of mine.

Suffering Soul In scientific Age

Soul’s sufferings go on and on if it is trapped in materialistic and earthly desires. As, roses are withered and burnt if thrown into fires. Soul is the purest like sunny-sun-shine. Sweet sorrowful soul’s sufferings are in scientific age. Furthermore, Impurity and purity can’t live together. If fish is gotten out of water and thrown on dried and burning ground, it will feel panic and die. Same, if soul is chained and shackled in a cage of worldly desires, it shall weep and suffer a lot. Lilly blooms up in spring, and gets withered in autumn. Spring for soul is spirituality and autumn for soul is materialistic desires, which are found most in scientific age.

Miserable condition of Woman

The woman is practised like sole of shoe since the time, she is ever limited till ceilings, caged in four walls, murdered for sake of honor, deprived of education, bereaved of due rights, victim of acid spree. Brides are burnt, enslaved, engraved, chocked, banned, chained, sold in dark of nights, for rapist and lusty men she is like an innocent sheep among dogs, foxes and wolves and she has ever bore and tolerated torments, tensions, tragedies and tortures. Is the woman born for miseries?

I am not professional writer but many CSPs and Seniors have given quite good remarks.

You can understand a lot by these two Introductions.

Quote:
Thesis statement in the outline, u mran to say give the reference of thesis statement in outline like this
Introduction
1. Muslim population comprising 2/3rd of world's total population.
2. Despite enormous potential — Muslim world lags behind in all spheres of life.
3. Thesis statement leading to conclusion.
It is a good way, indeed.
The Following User Says Thank You to zuhaib ahmed For This Useful Post:
shah (Friday, August 24, 2012)