View Single Post
Old Wednesday, September 19, 2012
40th CTP (IRS)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Merit 290

sanguine hope is on a distinguished road

Its so sad to hear the news of his early demise.

May Allah rests his soul in eternal peace.

Life itself is so uncertain and death is so sure that we hardly talk about death. This is the real irony.

At this moment I want to share the words spoken by Noble Laureate Nadine Godimer in an interview conducted in the early 1980's.

She said" When I got to university,it was through mixing with other people who were writing or painting that I got to know black people as equals. In a general and inclusive, non-racial way I met people who lived in the world of ideas, in the world that interested me passionately.
In the town where I lived, there was no mental food of this kind at all. I am often amazed to think how they live, those people and what an oppressed life it must be,
because human beings must live in the world of ideas. This dimension in the human psyche is very important. It was there, but they didn't know how to express it. Conversation consisted of trivialities. For women household matters, problems with children. The men would talk about golf,or business or house racing or whatever their practical interests were. Nobody ever talked about or even around, the big things_LIFE & DEATH".

Last edited by sanguine hope; Wednesday, September 19, 2012 at 01:37 AM.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to sanguine hope For This Useful Post:
Faisal86 (Wednesday, September 19, 2012), madiha alvi (Thursday, September 12, 2013), mano g (Wednesday, September 19, 2012), mjkhan (Wednesday, September 19, 2012), Sana Shoaib (Friday, October 19, 2012), siddiqui88 (Sunday, September 23, 2012), zuhaib ahmed (Wednesday, September 19, 2012)