Thread: Lets teach West
View Single Post
Old Friday, September 21, 2012

Hassan02 has a spectacular aura aboutHassan02 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemguy View Post
@Invincible:
Intellectual discourse with non-Muslims? We could use that for a change: Our polemic for the most part has been to hurl stones at the infidels, or burn our own country.
Brother Arab countries at least are incapable of intellectual discourse with anyone at all. What are they if you take away the oil? A bunch of not-so-bright tribals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabahatbhutta View Post
dear it seems that you havn't read my posts carefully. I am not saying that person can be hanged according to American law. I know this law is very weak. What I m saying is that we should at least use some lawful ways instead of burning our home.

Please try to understand that there IS NO LAW in the USA that can punish the maker of the film for his act. No one can DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT so its just better to ignore this and let them keep wasting their money (movie cost $5 Million to make). Or If you'd rather burn down your own cities, that's your choice. The Americans don't give a damn either way.

I don't think so its laughable. who said CIA does this???
go n read the post again. I said Americans.

So now you think ordinary Americans are involved in a massive conspiracy against the Muslims of the whole world? Honestly, I think that's being paranoid. No ordinary American cares enough about Muslims to conspire against them.

Quote:
Don't be so over-pessimistic. If not all still few Taliban groups can shake hands with Pakistan. international relations are not that simple and plain as you are depicting.
See, the situation is like this: Americans have lots of troops in Afghanistan, but different regions of Afghanistan are controlled by warlords who have a lot of money and are armed to the teeth. Then we have the Taliban, who control a large portion of the country. Once the Americans leave, the warlords will fight among themselves and with the Taliban for control of the county just like they did in the aftermath of the Russian withdrawal.

On our side of the border, we have various factions of the TTP who have lots of men, lots of weapons and lots of money. Also, it seems that they have managed to somewhat penetrate the law enforcement agencies. They also have the support of a small section of the Pakistani public and many religious figures.

In the past few years, they have been pretty successful in consolidating their hold on the tribal regions. The TTP is a a fully equipped and trained standing army and they won't just pack up and leave Pakistan once the Americans leave. They have already tasted success and a lot of evidence exists showing collaboration between the TTP and various Taliban factions in the Afghanistan.

If you remember, when Altaf Hussain said that the Taliban were coming to Karachi, no one believed him. Now, they have a firm hold in the city and are actively involved in extortion and target killings (a number of ANP members who helped during the Swat operation have been gunned down in the last year).

Simply put, the TTP are not a ragtag group of bandits. They have large areas under their control, they have a pretty good financial setup, they have friends in high places and most importantly, they have thousands of armed men.

Now, you can either negotiate with them or fight them to the very end. If you go for negotiation, then you must offer something to them. My question is: What will you offer to the TTP? You can't just offer them safe passage if they lay down their arms because frankly they don't need safe passage. They have met with tremendous successes, the incompetency of Pakistani intelligence agencies has been exposed and they are now well-established. If you negotiate with them, prepare to offer them something BIG.

Quote:
Pakistan has defeated Taliban to a great extent otherwise you would have been in a situation like Libya and Syria.
There's a CIVIL WAR in Syria, we are facing an INSURGENCY. Pakistan and the Pakistani armed forces are just too big and powerful to be overrun by a Taliban army. Only idiots believe that the Taliban can take over Pakistan by force, but they can and have made the county unstable to the point of paralysis.

Quote:
but at least they agreed to give some money apart from AID. don't you think its LOLZ?
It wasn't aid, it was the Coalition Support Payment. The amount was owed to Pak for expenses incurred in the war on terror. Actually, I feel that the US has given us too little. If we had better leaders, then maybe we could forces the US to give enough money to take care of our power crisis.

This comparison is irrelevant to the topic.
No its not. America has has managed to thwart all terrorist attempts since 9/11 and this shows that their law enforcement agencies are actually competent.

Yes thats something really deplorable. As I said earlier we should reform ourselves for this purpose.

Yes I admit my typing mistake. it was to be " ANTI QADDAFI'. Thnx for correction.

So why did they kill their allies' ambassador?