View Single Post
Old Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Sib Shaw is on a distinguished road
Default @Natashaaa

I think the book by Abdul Hamid Taga is quite comprehensive and according to the pattern of CSS exams. It covers almost all the major jurists, and jurists like; Karl Marx, Max Weber, Emile Durkheim, Ibne Khaldoon, Hegel, C.W.Mills, Herbert Spencer, Aguste Comte are in quite detail!

Secondly, It gives you a good inside out of the Social Problems with perspective to Pakistan (almost social problems are same everywhere - it has just related it to Pakistan and stated a comparison of Rural & Urban ares of Pak.)

Thirdly, it has MCQs and Short Questions at the end of every section and it can help you evaluate yourself about the understanding of the topic.

The only problem, I have with this book is that the language at some stages is not up to the standards and at places the text lacks continuity as the book has been compiled by taking information from diff books (as in Horton & Hunt, J.J. Macionis, Shankar Rao etc.). And, if you just concentrate while reading the book you can point that out and overcome such issues.
Therefore, I would say that you should go for Taga!
And you can use this site to further clear your concepts - www.sociologyguide.com
parwarsha (Friday, October 12, 2012), SAMEYA AROOJ (Sunday, January 13, 2013)