View Single Post
Old Friday, October 26, 2012
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Roll no 8157Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 2,849 Times in 1,328 Posts
Tassawur is a bearer of wisdomTassawur is a bearer of wisdomTassawur is a bearer of wisdomTassawur is a bearer of wisdomTassawur is a bearer of wisdomTassawur is a bearer of wisdomTassawur is a bearer of wisdomTassawur is a bearer of wisdomTassawur is a bearer of wisdomTassawur is a bearer of wisdomTassawur is a bearer of wisdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahid manzoor View Post
Respectable Usman Khalid

Assalam o Alikum !

I am Shahid Manzoor, Telecommunication Engineer, Briefly a CSS aspirant for CE 2014. I am facing some uncertainty in subject selection as every aspirant does. I have heard from so many experienced people that Arabic helps to fetch good marks. However, I have not any educational background regarding Arabic. But on the other side I am good at comprehending languages by general aptitude inherited from my father who is very comfortable with chemistry of different languages i.e Urdu, Persian and Arabic. I seek guidance about scoring trend and pattern of the Arabic paper in CSS. How much time it takes to prepare completely? Any special advantage it has when compared with Urdu, Indo Pak History, Islamic History and Geography ?
My other Optional Subjects are Public Administration, Punjabi, Sociology and Journalism. please also comment on these.

expecting your reply !

Regards
Dear Brother ! If you have aptitude for languages, then do go for Arabic. I also think myself having an inherited aptitude for languages and opted this subject without any background and scored 140 in C. E 2011. Brother this subject not takes more then a month for it's better preparation. And this is its advantage over the all other subjects you have mentioned. Above all it never disappoints an aspirant at all as sometimes do Indo Pak History or others. In 2010 despite a tough paper , Arabic didn't disappoint the aspirants and hardly anyone got less then 120 while others crossed 140. In the same way this year in 2012 though it hasn't been very high scoring though paper was one of the easiest yet almost everyone has scored more then 120 and few have gone above 140. So you see despite odd circumstances , this subject doesn't disappoint at least , if not provides extra ordinary marks.
oxon (Monday, November 05, 2012)