View Single Post
Old Friday, November 16, 2012

WaqasAhmed is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahzad23 View Post
An excellent attempt I must say and thank you for posting it here for our guidance. Kindly check mine too.Comments and suggestions for improvement would be highly appreciated;

Population Bubble: Realities & Remedies

It’s high time for contemporary sociology to realize the menace of over-population and devise effective strategies to check the population growth apart from natural selection. An unbalanced population vis-à-vis natural resources equation will lead to poor life conditions and a willingly compromise on behalf of sensible and productive segment of society. In contrast, the social misfits will eventually dominate amidst no restrictions and continue to be a burden upon the resources. Despite seeing the writing on the wall, the politicians, militarists, employers, and revolutionaries have their own axes to grind since they are turning the population issue to good account. The criticism is countered by them with outdated political and religious arguments. Although, the claims of all stakeholders are baseless and flawed, yet every birth is viewed by them as a potential voter, revolutionary or insurgent.
@Shahzad

I actually like your writing style but if i were you, i would have avoided using idioms and phrasal verbs in precis. I may be wrong but my concept of precis writing is to write it in a simple, concise and lucid manner so that anybody who reads your precis could get the crux of the passage.