View Single Post
Old Tuesday, November 20, 2012

assassin007 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadam gurmani View Post
In Pakistan, tax evasion,not paying of electricity bills,having lots of illegal weapons are the common characteristics through which a person can label someone a politician or someone having great political clout.May be, this should be due to the deliberate negligence of the laws on the side of the politicians or great wit to dodge the system of accountability.but for me its their socially approved behavior which do not compel them to abandon illegal activities.when favorable definitions for some behavior-though illegal-outnumber the unfavorable definitions,there comes the repetition of same behavior.in most of the backward areas people assess the power of someone by examining the frequency of violation of laws done by him.In order to earn same prestige, many people proudly share that they are not paying the electricity bills or taxes too.i think its government's responsibility to aware the people about their responsibilities towards state.it would be better to set examples by giving offenders harsh punishments.Unless our own people act against crimes unless they realize that they have some duty towards the state,we will not be able to solve our major problems.Social pressure is the strongest agency in the world and it ensures peaceful co-existence in most of the modern countries.This must be employed in Pakistan too.
Bro i do agree with your reasonable suggestions, but these things could not be neglected even. And we have to look after problems having weight-age and majority. The only reason illiterate were not allowed to vote earlier in Britain was their decision power. And many of them were farmers, peasants, factory workers etc and majority of them were workers of election candidates. Same is the case with our nation, people living in interior are still bound and can not even speak even a single word against their masters. If we want responsible and educated leaders then we must have to educate our common voters first. So that they couldn't be pressurized by any of the power. The countries which you have mentioned, no doubt these are having much greater number of problems comparatively but they are working over them to get rid of all. I am optimist and thankful , but that's not enough to lead a peaceful and stress less life here in our country. Lets hope for the best in up coming elections. . At least i don't want any of the current party or their inheritors to rule over once again. . . We need change. :/