View Single Post
Old Wednesday, November 21, 2012

PACIFIC is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm View Post
MehrAli was claiming to have filed a petition on the ground that NAB had ignored the quota for disabled people but when I asked him to provide us with the details of his petition, he did not do so. The petition which he had posted had nothing to do with it. I, too, am not aware of the nature of this case nor the reliefs claimed in the petition. However, I would like to clarify that the word service there does not mean that it has anything to do with cases dealing with matters relating to service. Service holds another meaning when used in legal jargon. In court proceedings, when someone has filed a case in court, the court gives summons to the other party to appear before the court. This summons is also sometimes called service. Simply put, it is one of the components of a court proceeding. I list two examples, one in English and in Urdu:

1. Have the parties been served for appearance in court?
2. Kiya service hogaye the un par?

Service only means notice of court. The cause list never mentions any details of the case be it its nature, its facts, prayers, arguments, etc. It only mentions the current stage of the case.
Dear I have gone through the Cause List of High Court ... In my opinion, the word 'Service' here means that this case pertains to Service matter !!!
as u can see other cases in the cause list such as

W.P. 3699/2012 Police Matter[/COLOR] Ch. Muhammad Siddique V/s SHO
CM 1/2012

Crl. Appeal 15/2012 Narcotics[/COLOR] Anwar Sheed V/s State

W.P. 2980/2011 Family Matter[/COLOR] Muhammad Noraish V/s Ms. Nazia Shaheen & others

HENCE here the word Service means it belongs to some service dispute (may be appeal from the decision of Service Tribunal)

Moreover there is another case concerning NAB in the same cause list wherein the word service is written !

Last edited by Shooting Star; Wednesday, November 21, 2012 at 06:07 PM. Reason: Do not use red.