View Single Post
Old Monday, November 26, 2012
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: AppreciationDiligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 2,264 Times in 1,100 Posts
Muhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo[t] View Post
1- Yes, COAS regretted any kind of army operation in Karachi as according to him, situation is under-control by rangers and police. Do you often think so?
Try to use appropriate words, regret does not suit here. Regret means that he was asked by some authority to carry out an army operation but he refused to do so.

As far as my thinking is concerned, I have many other things to think of and to do, Karachi operation etc is none of my business. Even if at all, some tom, dick and harry, remain making hue and cry, nothing is supposed to take place merely on his thinking or suggestions.

Quote:
Boy lets be serious. I am no one to disagree with COAS's views but i want to verify something, the upper level management of every department is controlled by one person right now( one of the 3 A'). COAS is bit co-operating with that A because of some reasons.
Boy ? Hold on, try to be mature and behave while having conversation or discussion with seniors.

Try to use words after getting into their meanings, 'i want to verify something,' it means that you are some where somehow and verifying veracity of some statement or some report. Try to come out of the army engima, it is implied by your last sentence that COAS wants to do lot of things for the benefit of nation but he is cooperating with the President of Pakistan because of some reason and President dont want to do those things! Amry is an institution of the state, and it should remain as an institution instead of becoming the state. COAS has been making lot of efforts for building up the due place/impression of army amongst the masses and he dont want to do any adventure.

Quote:
2- I am not agreed with the combination of those three departments to work together for Khi.
You are certainly nobody to agree or disagree to such things.

Quote:
3- Yup they got punishment for what they did because they were wrong. You said that there was a mistake from Sarfaraz Shah's side also because he was having a gun with him and he was harrasing a couple inside the park,wanted to clarify that.
I dont know anything into it, but try to watch that clilp again, it seemed that the guy had done something and was trying to convince the ranger people to let him go and was pleading and pleading. What was the thing, for which he was pleading! Anyways, no further comments.

Quote:
4- I agree with your point.
Its not my point of view, these are the facts.

Quote:
5- You do have the right to demand any proper thing from your selected persons. Seriously but I am not impressed by you that Army is not the solution. I do know that its a paper/television talk only.
Well lets wait and watch, Army or letting loose of hawks and eagles. Just a matter of time
I am not demanding anything from any body, that is just a part of thinking and nothing else. Seriously, you should need to practice for usage for words and phrases, have a look at dictionary for meaning of 'impress upon.' I need not to impress all and sundry! This is not the matter of time because hawks and eagles are not being let loose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by assassin007 View Post
There are sub-divisions in many of the parties which are doing this. Specially in karachi, people are dyeing in a greater number. So called Mutehda Qaumi Movement is not Mutehd actually, there are two groups in it 1.Bihari and 2.Shia. Bihari group is having majority of sunni's and both are trying to get possession of the party. On other hand Sunni tehrik which is transformed shape of Haqiqi is totally against mutehda. Rather i would say it's a gang war, instead of calling it sectarian killing. Recently on Eid ul Azha both parties tried to take as many animal skin as possible and this time Haqiqi did it. Even in Muttehda's main area's they killed many of animals. . .For the sake of extortion over animals :/ Well water will get separated very soon from the milk. . !!
Yes, apparently, it is a gang war to reign Karachi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maha Khan View Post
The horrible condition of Karachi points out towards the growing extremist atitude of our nation.Instead of understanding the root cause of the problem,everybody is busy in the blame game.In every country different communities belonging to different religions exit but they live quite peacefully.why Pakistanis donot opt such approach?..simply because our ulemas and politicians are not understanding the graviety of the situation..this menace will continue to haunt the country until we stop interfering into others' religious affairs and politicians as well as ulemas should also avoid point scoring over this sectarian issue.
Regards
Yes, Ulema and politicians are invovled in this turmoil, but they are too naive to think about correction of their follies! They cannot avoid point scoring on religious congregation, though they often meet each other and dine together. Their sermons are just for fooling the fools...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhmmdkashif View Post
Although we can blame ulemas and politicians for many things including creating this ideological mess that has reached the level as we see today, I think the situation is much worse for them to handle now. At most what they can do is make laws and/or general appeals, but who will listen to them when the state has interests of its own and is sitting ducks doing nothing to establish rule of law, the society is too polarized, dormant and confused in its ideals and values, the economy is ruined and there is no authority over the affairs.
Nothing is impossible for a willing and determined person. The country is in need of a proactive leadership, and unfortunately, such a leadership is not in offing...

Last edited by Amna; Tuesday, November 27, 2012 at 01:02 PM. Reason: merged