View Single Post
Old Saturday, December 08, 2012
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Best Moderator Award: Awarded for censoring all swearing and keeping posts in order. - Issue reason:

Thanked 2,347 Times in 1,010 Posts
Shooting Star has much to be proud ofShooting Star has much to be proud ofShooting Star has much to be proud ofShooting Star has much to be proud ofShooting Star has much to be proud ofShooting Star has much to be proud ofShooting Star has much to be proud ofShooting Star has much to be proud ofShooting Star has much to be proud ofShooting Star has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by assassin007 View Post
No not at all . . . . It isn't an ethnic issue neither i want to make it. . . I belong to sindh and own almost 100-150 acres of land for cultivation. From which less then 70 acres can be cultivated just because of water shortage. And from that 70 acres 20-30% crops aren't of any use due to climate conditions. We spent millions and get thousands in return. We don't get any subsidy or financial assistance by any of government sector. And our land is only source of income for us, from past few years we have not been able to grow something in plenty. I don't have any personal intentions regarding Kala Bagh's construction but please do not let our lands get barren. I'd mention many other sources to generate electricity which are 101% useful. Indians are stealing our water but even then our "Aman ki Asha" is alive. Try to achieve something on international level instead of national level. I invite you to my village and want you to listen voice of common people what they think about it. And take it in broader sense yesterday sindh assembly has passed resolution against kala bagh, and other two are also not in it's favor. For few M.W's of electricity don't block income of thousands.

With the construction of kalabagh dam no area of Pakistan will get barren for sure.It is just a propaganda of politicians and we all know how sincere they are with common people.

How come Punjab will stop anyone's water?It is a country,not someone's personal property that they will not allow others to enter in their territory.

Sindh is already getting 37% of share in water as well as punjab according to Indus Water Accord 1991 which was passed with consensus of all four provinces.And in the same accord,they also agreed upon making new dams.

Quote:
The need for storages, wherever feasible on the Indus and other rivers was admitted and recognized by the participants for planned future agricultural development.
According to different surveys and reports if kalabagh dam is constructed,sindh alone will get 30 MAF additional water.Not only water storage capacity of pakistan will increase but it will make us self-sufficient in power supply.Our storage capacity of water which is 10-20% now will increase to more than 60%.Even bhasha and munda dam both cannot compete with kalabagh alone.Kalabagh dam will store the water of river kabul which is the major cause of recent flooding in Sindh and KPK whereas construction of bhasha and munda dam has nothing to do with flood restriction.They are too high and situated on different rivers.
I can show you numerous other studies highlighting the benefits of this dam for whole Pakistan.

Still,we cannot afford to make this one dam on the cost of our sovereignty and unity but it is not the right way to just make a statement,pass a resolution on such a big issue or pressurize others through demonstrations and protests.This shows dishonesty and malign of politicians towards larger national interest.They know if all the harees get relief and rid of their poverty,no one will give them votes.Our government must adopt a proper method i.e discussing this issue on relevant platforms such as the council of common interests to seek a proper solution.

We can't blame others when our own house is not in order.India will certainly try to manipulate our situation for its own benefit and she is already doing it by funding different groups here.Unfortunately,our media,who should create awareness in our masses regarding this issue,is not playing an effective role.Tarbella dam was also a controversial project.Small provinces had the same issues regarding it.Now how many problems tarbella has created for our nation so far?
alihashmatkhoso (Saturday, December 08, 2012), aniya warraich (Sunday, December 09, 2012), Arain007 (Saturday, December 08, 2012), Bostan (Tuesday, December 11, 2012), Erum Qureshi (Sunday, December 16, 2012), mohsanfiaz (Sunday, December 09, 2012), Mukarrum (Sunday, December 09, 2012), nightmare2011 (Saturday, December 08, 2012), pari Ali BNi (Monday, December 10, 2012), peacepakistan (Saturday, December 08, 2012)