View Single Post
Old Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Yasser28 is on a distinguished road

@ Very Dear M.A.N

3) Dawn's "Encounter" page on every Saturday and "Economic and Business Review" section on Monday. @dddd nd @yasser
come on guys i demanded the critical analysis of the first editorial but not this stuff.....

We, I mean DDDD and I, were treating with my post about enhancing our news paper reading skills; and to read this Encounter page was one of my suggestions.

And let me add something that Dawn has 4 or 5 editorials daily. The first one,no doubt, is the most important dealing with so-called "higher politics" but the second and third are very good barometer of social sector changes,social development, etc., and students who have opted Sociology should give them a penetrating reading.The 4th editorial is credited to its writer though it reflects Dawn's policy. The 5th one is usually picked from foreign press and deals with some important but ignored area.

Enigma Revealed....

1st point) The first para of the Dawn's editorial comprise of the immediate current news and related information to the topic......

2nd point) 2nd para contains background of the news[1 week to 1 year or more]

3rd point) ....i am leaving 4 u members...
c ya.....plz

Let me give my judgemental observation:

My View:The first editorial piece usually comprises on three paragraphs.

1)Paragrph
~the first 3-4 lines give the immediate context or basic news
~the next lines of first para give history or basic demographical features of the issue or the topic being dealt with[it is terminologically called "exposition"]
2) Paragraph
~ the second para starts commenting and develops a point or "thesis";it also develops and explains that thesis.

3) Paragraph

~ the third para presents recommndations or brainstorming points in a logical fashion and hecne it concludes.

My view of Dawn editrial page is like above.

I may expect comments!
muhyuddin (Saturday, January 24, 2009)