View Single Post
Old Tuesday, December 11, 2012
40th CTP (DMG)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Merit 20Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

drvalentino is a name known to alldrvalentino is a name known to alldrvalentino is a name known to alldrvalentino is a name known to alldrvalentino is a name known to alldrvalentino is a name known to all
Smile

Here are some of my loopholes and weaknesses.They might be helpful to you.

1. My selection of subjects was not very good because there was no one to guide me properly. In 2011, Islamic History and Geography was not very high scoring.High scoring means a subject that gives u 150 +.Only a few people managed to get 150 plus in these two subjects.Secondly i managed to get 53 and 60 only in Journalism and Sociology respectively and it is not a good score to stay on top.With my little experience,i suggest that every should opt language i.e persian or arabic and regional languages because these are considered as safe subjects .Let me add one thing,Sindhi has been an average scoring subject from last three years.

2. As a medical student,i was totally out of touch with proper English.I was weak in writing and reading ,poor in vocabulary so English took my ample time.If one is serious about doing CSS, one should read,write and speak English as much as one can.One should develop skills in writing analytically.It is not a big deal.It is only time consuming but practice makes a man perfect.

3. I spent nearly 9 months for preparation of CSS in a serious way.As a candidate from Punjab domicile, it is not sufficient time for those who start prep from zero. One should spend at least 12 to 14 months.

4. Although I never went to any academy for preparation but i think academies are little bit beneficial for those who do not know abc of CSS. They should join academy for few weeks only for little bit know how.Mark my words "No academy is capable of making you a CSP".

5. I did most of my preparation alone but i think one should study in a little group of 2 to 4 very serious CSS aspirants who are competent and devoted to studies otherwise it will be sheer waste of time. Group study means to meet once or twice in a week to discuss what they have studied share material and notes.

6. Read each and everything analytically from day 1 specially current affairs and daily Dawn otherwise in the end,it becomes v difficult to read them analytically.

7. Offer prayers regularly and ask Allah to help you.He is the most magnificent.He is the only One who can fulfill all your needs.

Regards.
Abrar Javed (Wednesday, February 20, 2013), adan zahra (Saturday, September 05, 2015), aliza scorpio (Tuesday, February 19, 2013), Amina Gilaani (Friday, February 14, 2014), Asadibrahim (Sunday, September 22, 2013), BILAL ALI AHMAD (Sunday, February 03, 2013), dil dil Pakistan (Thursday, May 02, 2013), elixir khan (Wednesday, May 13, 2015), Faisaljd (Monday, February 25, 2013), Junaid Javed (Friday, February 21, 2014), khadijah tul kubra (Saturday, March 02, 2013), madiha alvi (Sunday, April 14, 2013), makj (Tuesday, June 18, 2013), Malik Ubaidullah (Saturday, February 23, 2013), mehjabeen karim (Tuesday, February 26, 2013), Muhammad Muazzam Bilal (Wednesday, May 15, 2013), Nosheen Bukhari (Saturday, February 23, 2013), Rush (Tuesday, February 19, 2013), Saeeda Batool (Thursday, February 28, 2013), Sajjad Magsi (Monday, June 23, 2014), sandhawk (Tuesday, October 01, 2013), THE WARRIOR OF JUSTICE (Saturday, February 23, 2013), zazakipak (Monday, November 02, 2015)