View Single Post
Old Sunday, January 13, 2013

mjkhan is a name known to allmjkhan is a name known to allmjkhan is a name known to allmjkhan is a name known to allmjkhan is a name known to allmjkhan is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajidnuml View Post
It can be linked to sectarianism as they belong to Shia sect, but in my personal view unabated massacre of this particular community has been used as a tactic. It is tactic because Targeting a particular community creates more fear and has divisive social and political effects.

Certainly the enemy has more in mind then to kill unarmed common citizens just because they happen to profess a different sect.

It is tactic because It gives false notion of security to some communities therefore dividing the people in different camps. It generates soft corners and sympathies. It equally breeds hatred and contempt for other communities. It makes the goal of social integration far more difficult after the state restores peace and order crushing the perpetrators finally.

It is notorious tact because it destroys image of Pakistan as being the most intolerant country in the world.
It has more dangerous after effects then killing a handful of people God Forbid on Mall Road.

Mere killing a large number of people just to create panic and anarchy will unite the people against the enemy.

As to your second question why the state is unable to nab the culprits, I would say that there is a problem with the state authorities since state authorities have been patronizing some extremest outfits which share the same scorn for Shias, they may not be the perpetrators but they feel satisfied when a common enemy is Targeted.It might be one of the factors state does not act. State authorities might be under pressure from those allies.

But it is sure that perpetrators of the violence have direct and indirect sympathies of a major chunk of our ill educated and uneducated people who are of the firm belief that Shias are apostates and they must be eliminated. These people are everywhere. They serve as pressure groups who do not want that culprits shall be brought to book. why they shall be, after all they are doing good job! Terrible!!
Very well said,mate.

Yeah in short,if i have understood correctly what you wanted to say and what i believe in,behind this sectarian violence the target is PAKISTAN.

But every action has a reaction and our innocent people have a habit of falling prey to circumstances.State should intervene immediately to stop what is happening at the moment.

Personally i seriously dislike the demands of shias for military intervention.But when i look at the circumstances in Quetta existing from the last many months i just keep my mouth shut because they are right in their demand if the civilian government cannot provide them assurance of safety of their lives.GOD knows who wants to take advantage out of all this.Pity,shame on us.
sajidnuml (Sunday, January 13, 2013), SAMEYA AROOJ (Monday, January 14, 2013)