View Single Post
Old Sunday, January 13, 2013
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: AppreciationDiligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 2,264 Times in 1,100 Posts
Muhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkhan View Post
Its shia community that is being targeted not Hazara.And there are constant reports of shia killings from karachi as well.

Two of our family members also got killed in Quetta attack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malmeena Khan View Post
Whoever did it it's a brutal and inhumane act. However, another question is that why shia killings happen in KPK, Balochistan and Sindh ? Why not in Punjab ? Ain't there shia's living. Whereas Lashkar e Jhangvi's main and original grounds are from Jhang. Where shia sunnis live happily and camly.

Is it the failure of KPK, Balochistan and Sindh's govt or something else ?
As stated in previous post, the LeJ is being supported/backed/funded by so called Afghan and Pk Talibans and since these brothers are stated in and around Quetta, so their great target is Hazarra people. LeJ is not having such a support/back in Punjab so there are less troubles there...

We all are together on this national tragedy ... may ALLAH bless all of us, amin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cute Badshah View Post
One commander-in-chief of the Pakistan Army in the 1960s, Gen. Musa Khan, was a Hazara. But after his death he was buried in Iran, which means the Hazara have never felt at home in Balochistan. This of course doesn’t mean there are no Hazara cemeteries in Quetta—far from it.

But the recent killings can be traced to the rise of the Taliban in Afghanistan in 1996 and their assault of the Shia-dominated northern city of Mazar-e-Sharif in 1997. After the Taliban went around the city punishing people for un-Islamic behaviour (unveiled women, pictures depicting human figures, etc…) the Hazara of Mazar-e-Sharif rebelled and killed “thousands” of them.

http://newsweekpakistan.com/scope/2432
Some wrongs in this newspaper clip,

i). Burrial of General Mussa Khan (who also remained Governor of Balochistan) at Iran was not due to the reason that he felt his roots at Iran. It is said that his wife was an Iranian national and she was burried at Mashhad, so he had desired to be burried in that city where his beloved wife was burried.... ..

ii). The 1997 massacre of Taliban at Mazar-e-Sharif was not done by Hazzara rebellion, rather it was done by one Uzbek General Abdul Maalik Pehalwan, who got tussles with holder of Mazar-e-Sharif General Rashid Dostum. Pehalwan had made some agreements with Taliban to get them enter into Mazar-e-Sharif and exodus of Dostum and taking another General Ismail, who allegedly had killed brother of Abdul Maalik Pehalaan. But when Talibans were in Mazar-e-Sharif and they started disarmming the forces of Pehalwan, he felt that Taliban will kill him so he rebelled and killed around 3000 Talibans there. Next year, Talibans attacked to take revenge and since the city was having a good number Hazarra people so they were killed as well (Mazar-e-Sharif is perhaps having Tajik people in majority)....

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajidnuml View Post
.................But it is sure that perpetrators of the violence have direct and indirect sympathies of a major chunk of our ill educated and uneducated people who are of the firm belief that Shias are apostates and they must be eliminated. These people are everywhere. They serve as pressure groups who do not want that culprits shall be brought to book. why they shall be, after all they are doing good job! Terrible!!
Really a terrible and unfortunate thing, at this time greater so called Mullahs should come forward and show their support to such atrocious killings of Shia Hazara Muslims. But alas nobody will come forward even not the Sheikh ul Islam Qadri sb... ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sociologist PU View Post
Hazara Tribes are divided in Quetta and Bamiyan (Afghanistan) where the Hazara Militia have joined American forces to butcher children and rape women of Taliban. Taliban are taking their revenge in Pakistan. Its nothing but war of dollar and trible revenge. Instead of painting it a sectarian strife we should wait till the withdrawal of US forces from Afghanistan and should not try to cripple the life in Pakistan on institgation and directions of Iranian intellegence agencies: Ayetullah Durrani, a PPP minister from Balouchistan. What do you say about his statement of Ayet Ullah Durrani?

(Just read this info on net) is it true ?
Nope, this is not true... Hazarra are not the only people in US forces and they are nor considered to be more fighting thn Uzbeks (perhaps Uzbeks are considered to be toughest fighters amongst tribes of north and west of Afghanistan)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasghar95 View Post
I am a Hazara from Quetta. In last bomb blast I lost some of my far relatives and friends. But one friend of mine was very dear to me we were class fellows in school. Latest-At temperature bellow zero , over 100 bodies are still lying on the ground on the road from last three days not buried yet demanding the government to take action, but usual false hope will given.

I will tell you who and why Hazaras are targeting. It is bit disappointing and many will not agree with me at all, except those who has deep analysis and fair thinking.

I claim that that the Hazaras are planned to be killed by state agencies eg ISI and MI etc. Why? to raise and prepare Hazaras to defend Pakistan against Baloch freedom fighter and save Pakistan from further partition. To force Hazaras creating an attacking group within them and then state agencies will support them with money, training, arms and providing them hides and will not arrest Hazara fighters and will give then free hand to slaughter Baloch people in the name of revenge. Pak state agencies will give same support to Hazara fighters which they are giving now to Lashker Jangwi etc.
Really sad thing to hear about your near ones demise, may Almighty give you patience.... I do not have deep analysis and fair thinking, but with little thinking perhaps the things you have been telling does not seem to be valid. The backing to LeJ is from the so called Talibans............

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhmmdkashif View Post
The incidents in Quetta are truly heart throbbing and soul shaking, it deserves more condemnation and demand for justice then I can call for here . But since yesterday I have been thinking what is the actual problem and who is killing poor people there. Is it a sectarian conflict (extremist sunni militants targeting shias) or an ethnic conflict (Baluchi Nationalist militants targeting Hazara community) or both (Baluchi and Religious militants have joined hands or atleast their interest have converged at this point)??? Comments plz.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilatif View Post
In my point of view, killing of hazaras is not associated with freedom movement by Balochistan liberation organization (BLO). Genocide of hazaras is a sectarian confilct in which only shias are being killed by organizations like Jaish e Muhammadi and Sipah e Sahaba. Balochi fighters are not killing Hazaras. They are fighting with security forces and probably with Punjabi ethnic people living in Quetta. Their aim is to separate Balochistan, for which Hazaras are not a bottleneck. Nor do they think that Hazaras are in any way responsible for their plights.

Moreover, Balochistan is an old issue which has roots in formation of one unit and dissolution of Balochistan government by Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto. While this sectarian issue is only a few years old.

So I believe both issues are distinct from each other and need to be tackled separatly.
As said by Marilatif, both issues are seperate and distinct, this is being done by LeJ against Hazara... defunct SSP is perhaps not much involved in Quetta. It is only LeJ and unfortunately a failure of our state machinery...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pireh Memon View Post
People! As per you, how can we best stop 'Shia Genocide'? Thanks !!
Kindly do not use this word 'Shia Genocide', though as per some definition, it can be termed as genocide but in greater spectrum it is not genocide..

Last edited by Arain007; Sunday, January 13, 2013 at 06:43 PM. Reason: merged
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Muhammad T S Awan For This Useful Post:
Malmeena Khan (Sunday, January 13, 2013), marilatif (Sunday, January 13, 2013), mjkhan (Sunday, January 13, 2013), Sociologist PU (Sunday, January 13, 2013)