View Single Post
Old Monday, May 28, 2007
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CSS 2007

DuuA is an unknown quantity at this point

Lopsided convictions and sweeping generalizations!!!

You are right to an extent that one cannot acknowledge the claim stated by many candidates to be the crème de la crème and only by the virtue of luck or whatever defects in the system, they could not get through it. But it is limited to the extent when you are considering an acquaintance. I based my idea on the experience encountered by the ones I know very well.

Secondly, CSS is all about FABRICATED approaches one need to adopt to get into the civil services. See you are a government servant and although you’ve been taught to be “neutral” but hey who is impartial here? No one! You have to be a die hard sycophant. Once I heard a civil servant commenting on the ongoing judicial crisis that he couldn’t give his statement regarding all the mess as he is a “government servant” and thus he has to resort to usual mantra “sab theek hai—this is all hype”

Ok I need a suggestion. I believe we need a democracy and this government has its roots in one man rule. Do you guys think I should say this in front of the interview panel? And can I say that the government is big time hypocrite. All Lal masjid brigade of burqa-clad ladies is nothing but an invented drama by the agencies to tell the world that threat of “Islamic Extremism” has reached our metropolis and we need army to tackle it, thus making Musharraf an inevitable actor in the government. Well, this is what I think and by no means I support this government and yet I want to be part of civil services. In government words, I’m not at all “civil” to be the part of these elitists. By the way should I tell them that I’m a hardcore communist? Perhaps then I won’t be able to have “any” kind of job in this country.

So the gist lies in the catchphrase:
Be “Civil”; Forget “Yourself”

P.S: To check the meaning of “civil”, consult a government servant.