View Single Post
Old Friday, February 22, 2013
Provincial Civil Service
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: PMS / PCS Award: Serving PMS / PCS (BS 17) officers are eligible only. - Issue reason: Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 2,335 Times in 569 Posts
Xeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdom
Default DIG from Balochistan complains to PM

DIG from Balochistan complains to PM

ISLAMABAD, Feb 18: A senior police officer from Balochistan created ripples in the federal government when he said in a letter to Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf that he had “drained down the gutter 30 precious years of my life in the Police Service of Pakistan”.

Deputy Inspector General Khan Gul Mandokhel, of grade 20, has been an officer on special duty (OSD) since 2009.

He said in the letter that he had been continuously humiliated by the federal government’s bureaucracy during consideration for his promotion to grade 21.

In his brief comments to Dawn, DIG Mandokhel said: “I have a domicile of Balochistan whose people are ignored at every level for reasons not known even to me, although I am a DIG.”

He sent copies of the letter to Establishment Secretary Taimoor Azmat, Cabinet Secretary Nargis Sethi, Prime Minister’s Principal Secretary Ayub Qazi and President’s Secretary General Salman Farooqi.

“I am sending my resignation directly to the prime minister in order to unchain myself from the oath that I took 30 years back and I see no reason as to why I should route it through the establishment division which takes ages to move a paper under consideration.

“Every time the Central Selection Board holds its meeting to promote bureaucrats from different services, they shift the goal posts of all the rules in order to ensure that the officers they desire to promote fit into the slot,” he said.

The CSB met in Islamabad from Feb 11 to 13 and promoted bureaucrats from grade 20 to 21 and grade 19 to 20.

There were 22 vacant PSP positions across the country.

“Twenty officers of the PSP were given grade 21 and two posts were left vacant. But DIG Mandokhel was again not considered for reasons not disclosed to him,” an official of the establishment division said.

The disgruntled PSP official said: “From day one since I took the charge of office of commandant of the Police Training College, Quetta, I started receiving verbal and telephonic requests and, at times, orders from almost all the members of provincial assembly, along with the former chief minister’s younger brother Siraj Raisani, to accommodate… promote, demote, not to punish and to send on long leave trainees belonging to their districts.”

“I sacked a number of police trainees who were disobedient and later I was asked to report to the federal government in the S&GAD wing of the establishment division from October 2009.

“Throughout the period of being an OSD I was getting my pay from Balochistan but was not being given any posting and I was not informed that the Balochistan government had already surrendered my services to the establishment secretary,” he said. “I need a promotion on merit, otherwise, I resign, Mr prime minister,” he added.

Despite several attempts, the establishment and cabinet secretaries and the spokesman for the prime minister were not available for comment on the matter

Dawn.com
Muhammad T S Awan (Monday, March 04, 2013), redmax (Tuesday, June 18, 2013)