View Single Post
Old Monday, February 25, 2013
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: AppreciationDiligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 2,264 Times in 1,100 Posts
Muhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rida Malik View Post
I understand that, i know i have to research much more before i can develop an opinion but yes, that was my intention, the barbarian way with which theyre trying to implement their rule more than the religion. For now i think religion is being manipulated as a reason for unanimous rule, i might be wrong.
I). There is no need to have such an indepth research for this issue only for CSS.

ii). Taliban are not the only persons who are manipulating the religion, most of the time many people do so..

Quote:
And yes, i know there are different cadres of Taliban but essentially the ideology is the same which originates from 'takfiri' which i am researching now a days as to better understand the motives and so forth.
iii). Ideology is not too same, the things may go back to takfiri doctrine who was being propagated by Syed Qutb and followed by Abdullah Azzam, Osama etc however, there are lot of variations from this doctrine.

Quote:
For Pakistan Taliban, the power game is obvious again, as for their difference, origin of each of them is still revolving somewhere around Pakistan so i guess for all intents and purposes ill say the difference is only demographic and regional and thats that.
iv). No, there is not only the demographic differences, their objectives and end requirement are not the same as well as their relations with Pakistan cannot be same. The Afghan Talibans are having interests and stakes at Afghanistan and they are not a sort of nuisance for us, but those in our country are having direct links with Pakistan and having varied issues with our government.

Quote:
As for the probable amnesty given to Taliban, then again i am concluding that i would have to given logical reasoning at the end that Taliban are after all our ally's and we rely on them for support against a lot of political power factors so they are to be sided but with caution?
v). Yes there was some discussions on amnesty linked to amnesty proposed by Afghan Government to Taliban. .... It is debatable if they are our ally or not, further dear there is no need to mix Afghan Talibans and Pakistani Talibans, it will not be prudent to out rightly term them our allies.

Quote:
There must be a necessity of watchful control over their actions though, possible or not, this cant just all white-ly be accepted can it be?
vi). Watchful control! A wishful thinking, Pakistan originated, developed and nurtured Afghan Talibans but at the end of day they were out of Pakistan's control, so it is out of question to say that there can be some watchful control over them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by safeemailk View Post
I can briefly give my suggestions here:

At present Pakistan is in the helm of severe crisis at national as well as international affairs, and the issue of terrorism linked with the Taliban attains vital importance. We must have a comprehensive strategy of cope with this menace. A policy based on 3Ds must be opted here to counter this situation.
Deterrence, Dialogue and Development….

At first, we should deter the threat posed by the anti-Pakistan Taliban with stern hands by establishing the writ of Government in tribal areas

Second step, engage the Taliban who are willing to have a dialogue process and convince them to go in a right way instead of having unconstitutional means for implementation of their ideology

Third step, As these areas are lacking in infrastructure development, ie hospitals, schools, road, job opportunities, Rozs, Inclusion of these frustrated groups in mainstream politics…

Only way to establish long term peace can be established by winning hearts and minds of the local people.

This is the way how we must establish our ideas…
vii). To some extent, these points are valid to be taken in the examination paper.

Regards
Rida Malik (Wednesday, February 27, 2013), safeemailk (Tuesday, February 26, 2013)