View Single Post
Old Wednesday, March 06, 2013

stranger498 is on a distinguished road
Default Supreme Court?is it really working for Rule of Law or just Media Publicity?

Suo motos have become a tradition.starting from suo moto on killing of brothers in Sialkot to violence over teacher in sargodha,every headline in newpapers is turned into suo moto.Latest of all being Abbas town blast. All i want to ask you guys that is it really worth it?is some real change being brought by these notices?
no doubt that SC is not a trial court but still its jurisdiction is extended to trial courts and the actual progress in all the suo motos can be seen in those small courts.years and years passed and there have been no progress.
i was going through an article written by M.Hanif on BBC urdu where a father from Qilla Saifullah whose Son allegedly "went missing" said that CJP can't do anything about this province.He is just here to save face and this seems to be legit as the whole Baluchistan case hearing was accompanies on verbal striking of role of secret agencies and FC but when the verdict came it was Provincial Government who was held accountable for all that was happening in the province.Its just Like blaming your Cooker for burning the food.
so what do you guys really think that are these suo motos really a mean to proivde us the muc Needed "Rule of Law" or is it just a PR practice??
i fear that time when news of SC notice shall be taken as lightly as the news of notice taken by President or Prime Minister have become
alihashmatkhoso (Wednesday, March 13, 2013), dms664 (Wednesday, March 06, 2013), idealsome (Saturday, March 30, 2013), Mujtaba Abbas (Monday, March 11, 2013)