View Single Post
Old Thursday, April 11, 2013

abdulmoqeet is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy View Post
Sir how much time is needed to cover Philosophy if one has no prior background in this subject?
Also need guidance about Sharif's book. I have gone through its contents. It contain some parts and chapters that are not related to syllabus. Please enlist the contents that are needed to be studied from this book as well as from Russel's and Durant's books.
I think it is hard to quantify time for preparation of philosophy.
I am sharing what i have perceived about the nature of subject it will be easy for you to analyse.
Paper I is rather simple, and less time taking especially for a student who has studied maths till FSc (this never implies that others who have not studied maths will be unable).
As far as Paper II is concerned, its syllabus is lengthy and time taking as it requires to digest thoughts and philosophies of different philosophers. Philosophy of every philosopher can be best comprehended if and only if you have a background knowledge about what the previous philosopher had said about a particular subject, so you will have to study it right from Socrates (500 BC) till modern philosophers.
Overall I will say philosophy is a very interesting subject. whether you have background or not is not a question to worry about. Time is enough you can do it.
The Following User Says Thank You to abdulmoqeet For This Useful Post:
Daisy (Thursday, April 11, 2013)