View Single Post
Old Thursday, April 11, 2013

Daisy has a spectacular aura aboutDaisy has a spectacular aura aboutDaisy has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by hassanafzal View Post
It will take one and a half months to two months to cover both papers. But this time span is to score 150 plus marks. Also U may study other subjects alongwith.

There is no need to consult M.M.Sharif. I didn't recommend u his hectic volumes.
Follow the paper pattern these years nd u wl find that u might attempt 3-4 Qs from portion of Western Philosophy.
And if there arises a need to attempt 1 Q from part of Muslim Philosophy, for it M.Saeed Sheikh wl serve the purpose.

Regardind ur last query, I presume its better to contact me . Here it wl be difficult for me to elaborate u each nd every topic.
Sir i have already tried to contact you through mail but your email id is not given in your profile. Kindly add it there or mail me as my email address is given in my profile. It will be a really great favor as aspirants like me who opt philosophy are facing many difficulties regarding proper guidance especially in paper 2. i am waiting for your response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdulmoqeet View Post
As far as Paper II is concerned, its syllabus is lengthy and time taking as it requires to digest thoughts and philosophies of different philosophers. Philosophy of every philosopher can be best comprehended if and only if you have a background knowledge about what the previous philosopher had said about a particular subject, so you will have to study it right from Socrates (500 BC) till modern philosophers.
Overall I will say philosophy is a very interesting subject. whether you have background or not is not a question to worry about. Time is enough you can do it.
I had analyzed the past papers of philosophy and observed that according to recent trend paper 2 contains pretty much portion of muslim philosophy as compared to western but in mcqs, there is more weightage of western philosophy so one need to cover both portions to fetch good marks.
Please tell me is there any comprehensive book available in market that contain all these topics so one may get the required contents photocopied from it? Also do we need to study some book to understand history of philosophy before moving towards muslim or western philosophy?